Skitch much better

pansovic

Idea

Why Webclipper cannot have same features as Skitch? Especially after clipping with Skitch can move the clipped item on a specific place in a note/email/word. This I consider as very fundamental and don't understand why Web clipper still cannot do that. 

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Skitch is a separate annotation package which occupies several MB of disk space.  Clipper is a small add-in to a browser that does a few things very quickly.  They're designed for different uses.  If you need to place clips in specific locations then Skitch (and various other apps) may be what you need.  Remember Evernote's screen grab feature can copy to the clipboard too...

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, pansovic said:

Why Webclipper cannot have same features as Skitch? Especially after clipping with Skitch can move the clipped item on a specific place in a note/email/word. This I consider as very fundamental and don't understand why Web clipper still cannot do that. 

I've found that if I try to annotate a web clip the format gets messed up sometimes.  So if I'm going to annotate a web page I use the EN screen capture function or the Awesome Screenshot addin.  Easier to insert into another note as well.  FWIW. 

6 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Skitch is a separate annotation package which occupies several MB of disk space.  Clipper is a small add-in to a browser that does a few things very quickly.  They're designed for different uses.  If you need to place clips in specific locations then Skitch (and various other apps) may be what you need.  Remember Evernote's screen grab feature can copy to the clipboard too...

Thanks for the useful info. Skitch is just great, I am just worried when it will no longer work as Evernote is not longer supporting it. Cool to know about the Evernote's screen grab feature. Had no idea ... but still I cannot understand why Evernote simply doesn't put this into the webclipper. makes more sence to me. Anyway personal opinion. 

Sorry to drag up an old one, but gazumped said you can copy the screenshot to the clipboard. I have been using a separate clipper for this for years, when I thought to check out the Evernote clipper. Couldn't figure out how to copy to clipboard though. I'm using the crosshairs to grab a section. I tried Win-Shift-S, but that froze the entire screen, (greyed out) until I hit escape. Nothing was copied. This would be a great default action option. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, dbvirago said:

gazumped said you can copy the screenshot to the clipboard.

Yup - Sorry,  I was insufficiently specific on that;  it is possible to screen grab and copy to desktop/ clipboard or into a note.  But that's a feature of the installed desktop client,  not the standalone browser Clipper.  You can do various things with that - but your choices are limited to the menu on offer when you hit the icon.

Yeah, I went through the options pretty good. I'll add it as a suggestion. Obviously EN is copying the selection into memory. Surprised that they wouldn't be using the clipboard anyway as it is part of the OS. Been using a standalone program, but it's kind of a memory hog. I was looking at Chrome extensions when I remembered EN already had a clipper

Archived