Does the EN pricing change impact usage of local notebook

Does the EN pricing change impact usage of local  notebook?

I am a basic user and have two notebooks - One is synced to the web while other is local one that resides on my dropbox drive, which I access mostly via one device.
I scanned thru various forums and sites to check if local notebook usage is impacted. But it seems the major impact is mostly for sync'ed notebooks. No impact to local notebook. 

Is that correct ?

Hi @rvm920,

The subscription tiers won't affect synchronized or local notebooks. All subscription levels can create up to 250 synchronized notebooks, and local notebooks don't count towards this limit. The only thing that would affect local notebooks as a Basic subscriber is if you decided to revoke access to the desktop application you're using, and only access Evernote from the web or mobile devices, as this would prevent you from accessing the local notebooks in the desktop app.

I hope that helps clarify things, let me know if you have any other questions!

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, amanda_h said:

The only thing that would affect local notebooks as a Basic subscriber is if you decided to revoke access to the desktop application you're using, and only access Evernote from the web or mobile devices, as this would prevent you from accessing the local notebooks in the desktop app.

But isn't it true that you can't access desktop-local notebooks from mobile or web clients, even if the desktop client is signed in? I can't see mine.from a premium account.

1 minute ago, jefito said:

But isn't it true that you can't access desktop-local notebooks from mobile or web clients, even if the desktop client is signed in? I can't see mine.from a premium account.

Hey @jefito,

Yes, local notebooks will only reside in the Evernote application of the computer you created them on. My comment was suggesting that if you are Basic and have local notebooks in the desktop app, and revoked access to that application, you would no longer be able to access those local notebooks. They would still exist, however you'd have to revoke access to another device in order to log back into the desktop app to access them. I hope that helps clarify, but let me know if it still doesn't make sense.

Archived