Attaching OSX packages without zipping them

Artem Pyanykh

Idea

Hey guys,

First I'd like to thank you for all the hard work -- Evernote is a great piece of software and an essential part in my productivity setup!

There's one thing that would probably make my life much easier. Fairly recently I started using outlining more heavily in my workflow which essentially led me to OmniOutliner as EN's outlining capabilities are very limited at the moment (hope this will change in the future). And since I'm using EN as my knowledge base I wanted to keep OmniOutliner's file inside notes, like excel or word files. Unfortunately when I try to attach Omnioutliner file EN says it's a package and attaches it zipper, which means I can no longer open it from EN, tweak and save back to EN without much hassle.

So, I wonder if attaching OS X packages without zipping them is something that can change in the near-future or there are some technical limitations and I better have no hopes?

Thanks!

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Artem Pyanykh said:

So, I wonder if attaching OS X packages without zipping them is something that can change in the near-future or there are some technical limitations and I better have no hopes?

I haven't experienced Evernote chaning my file formats for note attachments.
Can you provide details on how you're adding the attachment.

18 hours ago, DTLow said:

I haven't experienced Evernote chaning my file formats for note attachments.
Can you provide details on how you're adding the attachment.

Sure thing. I attached an example file made with OmniOutliner. If you try to attach it to a note in any way you'll see a warning that says something about OS X Packages, and that Evernote needs to zip this file.

test.oo3.zip

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Artem Pyanykh said:

Sure thing. I attached an example file made with OmniOutliner. If you try to attach it to a note in any way you'll see a warning that says something about OS X Packages, and that Evernote needs to zip this file.

test.oo3.zip

When I downloaded your file, it came as "contents.xml"

I was able to attach it to a note

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Artem Pyanykh said:

It's not right -- when I attached Omnioutliner file to my message above, the file was zipped. I've recorded my screen to demonstrate how this looks like: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g1cbnajdlb4uv3j/Evernote - Attaching OS X Packages.mov?dl=0

I saw the EN message you reported about the OS X Packages
This is above my pay grade - I can only suggest opening a support ticket; there's a link below in my signature section     Contact Evernote Support 

Screen Shot 2016-07-31 at 6.24.50 AM.png

Archived