All notes, notebooks and data enterely vanished

Hi,

I would appreciate if anybody is able to help or say something.

I am using Evernote on Mac El Capitan (11.11.6) only and there is not other device attached. Evernote has requested a usual update to 6.8. Update happened than app has restarted itself than crashed. Reopening it after crash I had to realise all of my data, notes and notebooks are totally vanished. I mean there is nothing.

Luckily, I did not empty the Trash so everything is there after the app migrates files to the bin. Still I see notebooks on the web clipper.

Hope above information helps to find some solution.

Thanks.

• Level 5*
On July 28, 2016 at 0:20 PM, Radiolart said:

I would appreciate if anybody is able to help or say something.

I am using Evernote on Mac El Capitan (11.11.6) only and there is not other device attached. Evernote has requested a usual update to 6.8. Update happened than app has restarted itself than crashed. Reopening it after crash I had to realise all of my data, notes and notebooks are totally vanished. I mean there is nothing.

Luckily, I did not empty the Trash so everything is there after the app migrates files to the bin. Still I see notebooks on the web clipper.

Hope above information helps to find some solution.

I don't usually spend a lot of time troubleshooting these things.

edited: Reboot your device; this often clears up problems.

I would delete the app, and the database.

Then reinstall the app and let it rebuild the database from the Evernote server (except for local notebooks)

If you want to open a support ticket, there's a link below in my signature section Contact Evernote Support

• Level 5*
On 7/28/2016 at 2:20 PM, Radiolart said:

First line of recovery to unusual, strange events is to do a restart of your Mac.  Then open EN Mac, and make sure you have chosen to view all Notes (View > All Notes, or ⌘⇧A)

If that does not fix your issue, then:

1. Verify that all of your Notes are safely stored in the EN Cloud by viewing them using the EN Web client at Evernote.com.
  2. IF all your Notes are in the EN Cloud, THEN:
    1. Try another restart of your Mac
    2. Make sure your macOS is up to date
    3. Quit Evernote (the app and the Helper in the Apple menu)
    4. Download a fresh copy from Evernote.com, and do a normal install
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Open EN Mac and give the EN App about an hour to finish any conversions and/or reindexing
  3. IF all else fails, then try a clean reinstall:  See How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac 

Thanks for the advice JMichaelTX and DTLow! I really appreciate it and it helped.

Problem was sorted next day when I calmed down a bit and had a clearer view of the issue. I reinstalled the latest version again from the App Store, restarted computer and app than notes were appeared. Also was helpful to mention where notes are stored so I will not panic again if any of it disappears just being sure hitting frequently the synchronize icon. :) 

Archived