I would like to see email headers when I send an email to Evernote.  Now, Evernote lists the note creation date as the date I sent the email & includes the body of the email only.  I would like to see header information (To, CC, BCC, date, etc.) when I send an email to Evernote.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, achiodi@schools.nyc.gov said:

I would like to see email headers when I send an email to Evernote.  Now, Evernote lists the note creation date as the date I sent the email & includes the body of the email only.  I would like to see header information (To, CC, BCC, date, etc.) when I send an email to Evernote.

When I forward email to Evernote, the To, Cc, Bcc, date information is maintained.

What email client are you using?

Example of Email forwarded to my EN account

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 9.58.32 PM.png

17 hours ago, DTLow said:

When I forward email to Evernote, the To, Cc, Bcc, date information is maintained.

What email client are you using?

Example of Email forwarded to my EN account

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 9.58.32 PM.png

When I forward an email, it forwards the headers, as it would on any email.  However, I would like the headers to be retained when I am CCing or BCCing an email to Evernote.  I do this often & would like a record of who else was on the email.  I have gone back to my sent folder & forwarded emails to accomplish this, but it feels like an extra (somewhat unnecessary) step.  I'd prefer to just have the headers come with the email.  

Hi, I'm using evernote for project organization  (sic :))

So every mail I sent to a client went bcc to my evernote account. But what I'm really missing is the From:, To:, and Date: header information of the mail: from which of my accounts did I sent the mail to whom and when?

Evernote picks already the Subject: mail header and put it in the title of the note. So it should be easy to pick the other header information and put them in the body of the note.

These days I sent the mail to the client, go to the Sent folder and forward the mail to evernote. That's not productive! 

Regards, Carsten. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, cneudo said:

But what I'm really missing is the From:, To:, and Date: header information of the mail: from which of my accounts did I sent the mail to whom and when?

Evernote picks already the Subject: mail header and put it in the title of the note. So it should be easy to pick the other header information and put them in the body of the note.

My solution was to replace the email feature with scripting on my Mac.  
This allows me to set up the note exactly the way I want it.  
My project is documented here

16 hours ago, DTLow said:

My solution was to replace the email feature with scripting on my Mac.  
This allows me to set up the note exactly the way I want it.  
My project is documented here

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately I don't have a Mac and don't know anything about applescript.

It looks like after sending the email you hit a key to export the sent mail as a pdf file and put it into evernote. This is a small step to do (hit one key) but it's an additional step (and you have to go to the sent mail).

When the header information will be put into the note by evernote no additional step is necessary. And it works for all systems (Mac, Linux, Windows, Android) and every mailer.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2017 at 1:03 PM, cneudo said:

Hi, I'm using evernote for project organization  (sic :))

So every mail I sent to a client went bcc to my evernote account. But what I'm really missing is the From:, To:, and Date: header information of the mail: from which of my accounts did I sent the mail to whom and when?

These days I sent the mail to the client, go to the Sent folder and forward the mail to evernote. That's not productive! 

Regards, Carsten. 

Only way I know how to handle this is to not use the bcc method.  Rather, after sending the email, go to sent messages in your email and forward the email to EN from there.  Two step process, but it preserves the email header info.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, csihilling said:

Only way I know how to handle this is to not use the bcc method.  Rather, after sending the email, go to sent messages in your email and forward the email to EN from there.  Two step process, but it preserves the email header info.

That's the way I do it, but it's annoying. Too much unnecessary work and hey, Evernote should be a productivity tool ;)

So please, vote up my feature request, which made this work-around obsolete.

Ciao, Carsten.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, cneudo said:

That's the way I do it, but it's annoying. Too much unnecessary work and hey, Evernote should be a productivity tool ;)

So please, vote up my feature request, which made this work-around obsolete.

Ciao, Carsten.

Annoying it is for sure.  Up voted.

• Like 1

Very useful suggestion indeed! Evernote should absolutely capture All the information of an email. It saves unnecessary steps and it benefits the results you'd get when looking up client and project participant information. 

Upvoted!

• Like 2

I can't believe this hasn't been implemented. The two step process is a pain and could be forgotten. Certainly wastes time. I've been a user since 2011 so I have years worth of BCC emails that are incomplete because I never had a need to look back at them and see that key data was missing. 

+1 this idea. I'm having the same issue with multiple email clients. I use gmail Web, Apple Mail, and Airmail . What I do it click on "forward" and put my Evernote forwarding address in the "To" field. Then I send it.  

The note has the subject and body of the forwarded email , but I cannot see the original From/To information.

The use case that it causes a problem with for me is when I register an account and receive a confirmation that the account is created, I forward the email to Evernote so that I can remember which of my many email addresses I used to register the account with. 

I'm working on a project to consolidated accounts to a single email address, which will alleviate this issue eventually. However, if  I am prompted for the accounts email address in order to perform password recovery, and the Evernote note does''t tell me the address the registration email was sent to , then I have to guess which email address I used.  

+1 this idea. It still a problem in 2019. 

+1 this idea. I'm having the same issue with multiple email clients. I use gmail Web, Apple Mail, and Airmail . What I do it click on "forward" and put my Evernote forwarding address in the "To" field. Then I send it.  

The note has the subject and body of the forwarded email , but I cannot see the original From/To information.

The use case that it causes a problem with for me is when I register an account and receive a confirmation that the account is created, I forward the email to Evernote so that I can remember which of my many email addresses I used to register the account with. 

I'm working on a project to consolidated accounts to a single email address, which will alleviate this issue eventually. However, if  I am prompted for the accounts email address in order to perform password recovery, and the Evernote note does''t tell me the address the registration email was sent to , then I have to guess which email address I used. 

9 hours ago, TheGooch said:

I'm having the same issue with multiple email clients. I use gmail Web, Apple Mail, and Airmail . What I do it click on "forward" and put my Evernote forwarding address in the "To" field. Then I send it.  

We know Evernote does nothing with mail from/to headers
Your email software insert the "original From/To information" into the body of the forwarded email.  I posted a sample above, forwarded using Apple Mail

58 minutes ago, TheGooch said:

I'm having the same issue with multiple email clients. I use gmail Web, Apple Mail, and Airmail . What I do it click on "forward" and put my Evernote forwarding address in the "To" field. Then I send it.  

I have the no mail header issue with bcc or auto forward of emails to EN (via Gmail).  But not with straight up forward, that works fine.  Agree, preserving email header with bcc would be great.  In the meantime I end up forwarding from the sent folder, as most everyone else I suppose.  :(  

Maybe it could attach the original headers (or even the full source!) to the note as a text object? That way they'd be preserved, and searchable. I like the idea of being able to forward something by email to EN without having to save the original in my email system in case EN mangles it when turning it into a note.

42 minutes ago, John in Michigan USA said:

Maybe it could attach the original headers (or even the full source!) to the note as a text object? That way they'd be preserved, and searchable. I like the idea of being able to forward something by email to EN without having to save the original in my email system in case EN mangles it when turning it into a note.

Feel free to post a feature request or add your vote to the request posted below

I save the .eml file, and a pdf