cdfriesen

Constantly Logged Out of Evernote Web

I am constantly being logged out of Evernote Web, even though I check the box to stay logged in for 30 days. In the verification, I also check the box to remember this computer for 30 days. It doesn't even stay logged in for a whole day.

Hi.  Sounds like the 'keep me logged in' cookies are being rejected by your system or have been corrupted in some way.  Have you tried logging in via another browser to see if the feature works there?  Could be a work firewall,  your AV software or browser settings. 

What's your OS and browser,  and are you conneting via a work network?

OS is Linux Mint 17.3, Chrome browser. Connecting via a regular Internet connection, no work firewall. I haven't tried with Firefox, I'll try that. It just started in the last week or so.

@cdfriesen - thanks for trying anyway..  not sure what to suggest past this point.  I'm not a linux user,  and there's no 'uninstall/ reinstall' if you're using EN web.  Let's hope there's a more knowledgeable user out there somewhere...  you could try tweeting @EvernoteHelps to see if they have any ideas...

I've used it for a couple years, more or less, and never had it do this, Evernote must have changed some code in the web version to make it time out. It seems like if you pay for something, it should work right. I don't think Linux has anything to do with the problem. I'll test on a Windows machine.

7 hours ago, cdfriesen said:

It seems like if you pay for something, it should work right

If you are a subscriber you'll also be able to raise a support request

@cdfriesen, I'm suddenly having this issue too -- for about 10 days now. I'm using Chrome on OSX, latest editions of everything. Pretty annoying! Did you ever submit a support ticket and get any info about this from Evernote?

Longtime user, here. I've been having this problem for several weeks. Sometimes I get logged out while typing notes during meetings, my primary use for Evernote these days, which you can imagine is rather disruptive. Being randomly logged out at inopportune moments is really frustrating—to the point that I'm considering a move to a different app. Does anyone know if there's a fix for this?

If you're constantly being logged out it suggests that you have a slow or intermittent internet connection,  or are working from behind a firewall which is causing some issues. Either way taking notes into a browser-based app,  or one without local hard drive storage is flirting with disaster.  If you type several pages of content and the browser loses its connection with the server,  you have no backup from which to recover the content.  Better to work with a local app which saves to the device you;re working from and doesn't rely on an internet connection.  Once the note is completed,  copy / paste into Evernote or attach the word processor file to the note as one operation from a location with a good network connection.  

That maximises your chance of not losing anything through connection issues,  and of successfully getting the note added to Evernote and synced to the server.

If you are having these problems and are able to do so I'd strongly recommend contacting support.

Same issue here, pretty much when I open Evernote on iOS it asks me to sign into iTunes and the web clipper in Chrome keeps logging me out as well (I think it happens every time I close Chrome).

In the case of iOS I already deleted and installed it back because when Evernote 8 was out the app wouldn't open. In Chrome, I also removed the extension, installed it back but still the same.

I'm guessing that there is a connectiong between the iTunes sign in on iOS and the clipper in Chrome (I'm currently using it in Windows).

Since this seems quite widespread, and I didn't have this issue before I'm more inclined to believe that it has to do with the latest version of the app and not my connection, firewall, etc.

Hi.  I don't think this is exactly the same issue,  but there's a lot of other traffic around here about iOS 8 - and 8.0.4 should be released soon...

Has this problem ever been officially addressed? I have been using Evernote for a couple of years at least and it does this to me CONSTANTLY. I keep the window open and I'm working and then suddenly, it logs me out. It is SO frustrating!!! I use Chrome but have tried Firefox and have the same problem, always have. It also does this on my Android phone app. No firewall, I don't have any trouble with ANY OTHER website doing this, only Evernote. Please fix this issue!

• Like 1

On 22/02/2017 at 4:54 AM, Deering91 said:

Has this problem ever been officially addressed? I have been using Evernote for a couple of years at least and it does this to me CONSTANTLY. I keep the window open and I'm working and then suddenly, it logs me out. It is SO frustrating!!! I use Chrome but have tried Firefox and have the same problem, always have. It also does this on my Android phone app. No firewall, I don't have any trouble with ANY OTHER website doing this, only Evernote. Please fix this issue!

Hi.  Always useful to know what device(s) you're using,  what OS(s) and what Evernote version(s) as applicable.  If you've been randomly kicked out of the web service for a couple of years,  that's not expected behaviour.

I'd suggest you contact support directly if you're a paying subscriber at https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new (premium subscribers can chat from the same link) - or message them on Twitter via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

I'm also expriencing the same problem. Chrome on IOS. it seems that this is a genuine issue. 

8 hours ago, R Ross said:

I'm also expriencing the same problem. Chrome on IOS. it seems that this is a genuine issue. 

Hi.  It doesn't seem to have troubled anyone that much for the past four months - the last post ere was February.  If it is an issue for you and not just a temporary web slowdown,  I'd suggest you contact Support.

I've had this problem since I started using evernote again (a few months ago). I'm using chrome on windows 10. My internet has been going in and out every now and then so maybe that's why. But I still don't think that should log me out, since that doesn't log me out of anything else. I really wish they would fix this. I downloaded the computer app, but I feel like the web version is so much more visually clean and more enjoyable to use when its not logging you out. I'll try contacting support, but I just wanted to say it here as well.

16 hours ago, dgregg94 said:

I've had this problem since I started using evernote again (a few months ago). I'm using chrome on windows 10. My internet has been going in and out every now and then so maybe that's why. But I still don't think that should log me out, since that doesn't log me out of anything else. I really wish they would fix this. I downloaded the computer app, but I feel like the web version is so much more visually clean and more enjoyable to use when its not logging you out. I'll try contacting support, but I just wanted to say it here as well.

Not sure what Evernote can do without compromising your security,  but if Support are aware of this you'll get some drect feedback.