Searching PDF dialog box

Guest GaryBrew

Guest GaryBrew

With Premium, when searching for text the "Searching PDF" dialog box--showing that a search is still underway even though results have been listed--appears right in the middle of the note that I'm trying to review.  It's annoying to have that dialog box blocking the note.

Is it possible to turn off the display of that dialog box?  Thank you.

On 7/25/2016 at 11:44 AM, GBrew said:

Sorry for the omission.  It's Evernote for Mac

Hi there @GBrew, welcome to the Forums!

Would please tell me the version number of Evernote on your Mac, as well as the version of OSX you are currently running? You can find your Evernote version number by opening the app and selecting Evernote > About Evernote from the menu bar.

Also, does this issue occur regardless of the PDF you are searching for, or does it affect only one PDF attachment?

I look forward to your response!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am also having this problem. In the past, the "searching PDF" appeared for a moment and then highlighted the different occurrences of the term in the note. Now, the "searching PDF" never goes away. this is very irritating and impairs productivity when searching documents. 

Hi everyone,

I have an update on this issue:

Our development team is currently aware of this issue. Although I don't have an ETA of when it will be resolved, I can assure you we're working diligently to fix it.

For now, as a workaround, you should be able to download the PDF and search via Preview for the time-being. 

Please let me know if you have any questions!

• BSR pinned this topic
  • BSR unpinned this topic

Archived