Workspaces like Mac OS

Robbin_G

Idea

Hello!

I wish I had multiple spaces to put specific notebooks. I have now been on Evernote long enough to have so many notes/notebooks/stacks that it's getting confusing and piled up.

If I could simply put all of my work notebooks in one "space" and personal in another, etc. That would be great. 

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
44 minutes ago, Robbin_G said:

I wish I had multiple spaces to put specific notebooks. I have now been on Evernote long enough to have so many notes/notebooks/stacks that it's getting confusing and piled up.

If I could simply put all of my work notebooks in one "space" and personal in another, etc. That would be great. 

Just guessing that when you say "spaces" you mean a notebook hierarchy.

Personally, I gave up on the folder, sub-folder filing methodology a long time ago.
I have minimum notebooks.  I use tags for organization

For me, "separate spaces" are views that I switch between with saved searches
I put them into my shortcut area to have them readily available

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, Robbin_G said:

Hello!

That is called the evernote business account. Two separate spaces that are in the same UI. 

22 minutes ago, Robbin_G said:

Hello!

Couldn't you make a stack of notebooks? For example, one stack for the Anderson Project, one for Home, one for commuting?

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, Robbin_G said:

I wish I had multiple spaces to put specific notebooks

@Robbin_G, by "spaces", do you mean like the Mac Spaces?

I think I understand your request:  Need to have separate screen groups when you can open a note list based on notebooks, or search, or tags, and have a specific note open, so that when you activate each screen group everything is in place just as you left it.  This would be very powerful, allowing us to quickly switch between projects or tasks, or to compare two notes.

Mac Spaces is one approach.  Another would be tabs (which would be my preference).  But Evernote currently allows you to open multiple main windows (that include all elements like sidebar, notelist, note, etc).  Go to File > New Evernote Window.  You could open a new main window for each Notebook, and then switch between the using CMD+`  (that's the backquote).

Would that work for you?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Robbin_G said:

I just use a "work" notebook stack and a "home" notebook stack to keep the content separated.

Archived