Password with special characters are validated on main page but not in login popup

itorres008

My password consists of Upper, lower, number and special characters. It is of the form Aaaaaa9** , it has asterisks at the end.
I use Shareaholic to invoke sharing to Evernote.
If my 30 day logon on evernote is expired and I need to enter the password again, I'm presented with a Login window on top of the page I want to share. I don't know if the window (or CSS overlay) is generated by Evernote or Shareaholic, but in case it's Shareaholic's, it still affects your customers.
The username is already filled in. I enter the password and it always fails validation. 
I open the Evernote page in a different browser tab (Chrome) and enter the same password on the sites login prompt and it IS validated.

It always happens.  So I suspect that the first window, or CSS overlay prompt, presented over the page we want to add to Evernote doesn't adequately process special characters (my asterisks). If it failed with any ordinary characters it would fail for everyone every time and you would know about it.

I hope you can recreate the problem and solve it. since it must be affecting a lot of people.

Thanks.

Archived