Clipping a web page via share no longer saves the URL

I follow the usual steps:

Find a web page that I like in Chrome, select Options > Share > Evernote.

The green Evernote Clipper starts whirling at the bottom of the screen. 

The new note appears with what has been clipped, but no URL!

Up until recently this new note would have contained just the URL of the page. Now it saves a screen capture and no URL.

I have checked that the whirling clipper is set correctly ("Clip full article" is un-ticked).

This started happening a few weeks ago. Anybody else experiencing this?

Evernote ver. 7.9.3

Android 5.0.1

Samsung S4 GT-I9505

I managed to solve the issue by re-installing Evernote. 

It saves a hyperlink in the note to the page once again, however, it still saves a screen shot as well. This did not happen before.

If I have de-selected "clip full article" then what is the point of an additional screen shot with my URL?? Other than to take up file storage space?

Also, I seem to remember having this problem a year ago.

I've seen other people having this issue on forums. I'm confidant this is not a user error or anything non-evernote related. (Please dont ask whats my Chrome version, what URL I'm trying to clip, is it raining outside, is my phone turned on).

Anybody from Evernote have anything to add to this? This is one of the main uses of Evernote for me, as is many others.

I've had this issue (currently, and at least one time before)

I agree, this is a pretty fundamental use of evernote (for me) and it's gear-grinding to say the least

When I share (from chrome) I want a note with the url as a clickable link. And. Nothing. Else.   Not a PNG of the page, not an HTML-5 boggle game to see how many words I can spell with letters from the page.  The URL. Period.

Hello all,

Thank you for posting and I can definitely see how this can be quite a bit of a change since it includes the thumbnail and even a small portion of the article. I will follow-up with you once I find out more about this.

Archived