• Announcements

• Shane D.

Evernote Webinars   12/01/2017

We've recently begun conducting Evernote Webinars for various topics and subjects. Take a look at the Calendar to check them out, and see if they interest you! Keep an eye out as there will be more to come in the future!
EvernoteAlex

Evernote for Mac v6.8 Released (Official Thread)

Idea

Hi all,

I’m pleased to announce the release of Evernote for Mac v6.8!

Please reply to this post and let us know how you like it!  And if you find an issue, please let us know in a reply to this post.

You can download the new version here or from within the app. Please note that the new version is now available to users of the Direct Download version of Evernote, and will be available within a few business days to users of the Mac App Store version.

New
• Google Drive integration! Now you can add docs, slides, sheets, and files from Google Drive as attachments or descriptive links without leaving Evernote. Links are formatted as clickable objects when you attach Google Drive files, making them easy to find in a note. 
• Evernote Business users, connect your Salesforce account and save Evernote business card notes directly to Salesforce as Leads or Contacts via the Share menu! 
• A new notebook sharing experience makes it easier to share a notebook and manage permissions.
• Find your deleted notes more easily via the trash icon in the sidebar.

Fixed
• A bug preventing people from connecting an Evernote account with a LinkedIn account is now fixed. Connect your accounts, and business card notes you create with the ScanSnap Evernote Edition Scanner will automatically include your contact’s LinkedIn profile info and photo.
• A bug preventing people from changing a notebook name from uppercase to lowercase and vice versa is fixed.
• A bug in Evernote Helper that made text show up as partially cut off is fixed.
• A bug that sometimes caused screenshots captured via Evernote Helper to include the Helper menu is fixed.
• Spotlight integration is improved.
• We've made ongoing improvements to stability and sync performance.

Cheers,
Alex

• Like 2

46 replies to this idea

I will download tonight. Thanks!

Not seeing anything about fixing the bug where merged notes are not merged in the order selected. Was that fixed?

Awesome! I have been waiting for this version as I use Google Apps just as much as I do Evernote. For me everything works as expected - great!

But with every new functionality you give us, we always want more. And I want to be able to connect more than one (one private, and one for work) Google account to my Evernote account. Have you any plans for that? I would like to avoid to fiddle with Google sharing of my work files, to be able to access them from Evernote.

• Like 3

When Copying Note Links, the menu item previously retrieved a classic / browser-private link
To force a classic link you hold down the option key.

This is still true for single notes
For multiple notes, the menu item says Copy Classic Note Links.  There is no option to retrieve browser-private links.

I actually never had a need for the browser-private link and am not missing it.

I just upgraded and after the restart of Evernote 6.8 - all notes/notebooks are gone, rather don't appear (still there when I go to the Web) - refresh sync doesn't help.

I've logged out and back in, restarted Evernote... no joy.  

I'm on the free version and this is on 1 of the 2 devices I'm permitted with the free version.

Any ideas?

On 7/21/2016 at 5:04 AM, RMK said:

Awesome! I have been waiting for this version as I use Google Apps just as much as I do Evernote. For me everything works as expected - great!

But with every new functionality you give us, we always want more. And I want to be able to connect more than one (one private, and one for work) Google account to my Evernote account. Have you any plans for that? I would like to avoid to fiddle with Google sharing of my work files, to be able to access them from Evernote.

Agree with RMK - similar to the ease of using multiple notebooks within Evernote for biz and personal, quite a few folks use Google Apps for both biz and personal.  Look forward to the "expanded" functionality of multiple google apps accounts.  

Great job getting this going for the Mac OSX!!!  Thank you!!

• Like 1

The sidebar is busted, again. Preferences don't stick. Yet another reason why I'm unlikely to continue my account. Ridiculous.

• Like 1

I use Evernote on both OS X and Windows computers. Is Google Drive integration in the works for the Windows desktop version? That would be a real game changer for me.

4 hours ago, Velgor said:

The sidebar is busted, again. Preferences don't stick. Yet another reason why I'm unlikely to continue my account. Ridiculous.

I am also having the same issue, which I did not have prior to the upgrade. When will this be fixed?

1 hour ago, cmj05sc said:

How do I update from within the app Mac app?

First, note there are two versions

1) Dowloaded from the Apple software store

2) Downloaded directly Evernote

The Apple Store version can only be updated when Apple pushes out the upgrade

The direct dowload version has menu buttons to trigger an update

• Like 1

On July 21, 2016 at 2:14 PM, SteveMacCabe said:

I just upgraded and after the restart of Evernote 6.8 - all notes/notebooks are gone, rather don't appear (still there when I go to the Web) - refresh sync doesn't help.

I've logged out and back in, restarted Evernote... no joy.  

I'm on the free version and this is on 1 of the 2 devices I'm permitted with the free version.

Any ideas?

I didn't see a reply to this, so I'll jump in.
My process would be to not spend a lot of time trouble shooting this.
I would first restart my Mac; this often resolves a lot of issues
I would just deleted the database, and let EN rebuild it from the web server (warning - does not include local notebooks).

To locate the database, I go to Evernote > About Evernote, and hold down the option key
A link leads me to my database folder (1156250) and I simply move the folder to my desktop, and then delete it afterwards

• Like 1

On July 22, 2016 at 8:51 AM, Velgor said:

On July 22, 2016 at 1:28 PM, adorno's gray said:

I am also having the same issue, which I did not have prior to the upgrade. When will this be fixed?

@Velgor @adorno  Do you any specific preferences not sticking.

The only issue I noticed was the "Upgrade Your Team" in the sidebar.  There are options to remove it, but it returns.  Its not an big issue for me, I barely notice it; however for some users, it makes them ?

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

@Velgor @adorno  Do you any specific preferences not sticking.

The only issue I noticed was the "Upgrade Your Team" in the sidebar.  There are options to remove it, but it returns.  Its not an big issue for me, I barely notice it; however for some users, it makes them ?

Yes: None of the preferences stick. I do not care to see 'shortcuts', 'recent notes' and 'upgrade your team', and thus must be removed each time I open evernote.

I have the same problems as reported above:

I'm still being asked to upgrade my imaginary team. Yep, I'm one those users who gets ? about this.

Sidebar preferences don't stick. I need to re-hide Recent Notes every time I open the app.

• Like 2

On July 24, 2016 at 1:04 PM, adorno's gray said:

Yes: None of the preferences stick. I do not care to see 'shortcuts', 'recent notes' and 'upgrade your team', and thus must be removed each time I open evernote.

This is an embarrassing regression. Evernote experienced the same issues the last time someone had the bright idea to mess with the sidebar. Due to muscle memory, this has destroyed my productivity. Their UAT team/person/chimp should be fired.

I downloaded it from the website and it will migrate to the new version and then it just crashes.  Every single time I open it.  <sigh> How do I get the old version back? Attached is my MACBOOK Specs.

Thanks!!

About_This_Mac.png

I just did the upgrade and I am seeing something weird.

When I drag a note from 1 notebook to another.

The note does not visibly move.

It DOES say that it is in the new notebook.

The "count" of notes in the notebooks get update

When I LEAVE the notebook and return it is fine

This seems to be a new bug

1 hour ago, akrasna said:

I just did the upgrade and I am seeing something weird.

When I drag a note from 1 notebook to another.

The note does not visibly move.

It DOES say that it is in the new notebook.

The "count" of notes in the notebooks get update

When I LEAVE the notebook and return it is fine

This seems to be a new bug

This happened to me when I first upgraded but I ignored it and chalked it up to me running the Mac OS beta as well. It ended working itself out. 

On 7/22/2016 at 11:51 AM, Velgor said:

Same issue here, Mac desktop. Annoying…