error "Clipper cannot start on this page" almost every time I use the chrome plugin

dsto

Almost every time I use the Chrome browser web clipper plugin, I get a browser alert that says something like "clipper could not start on this page.  please refresh the page and try again.  If that doesn't help, contact customer support".

How do I contact customer support?

I've tried that link.  I fill out the form and get a message saying:

Please submit a ticket and provide as much information as possible so we can diagnose the problem. For example:

• Steps to reproduce
  • Screen recording or screenshots
  • Device & operating system
  • Activity log

I don't know where to go from there.  There is no link or instructions on how to submit a ticket.

when I click on the search box, nothing happens.

when I start typing, I get search options, but every search option I clicked on just takes me to a page that just directs me right back the the page I came from that tells me to submit a ticket.

@dsto We're aware of this issue. We don't have an ETA for the fix at this time, but stay tuned to the forums and blogs, and continue updating Evernote and your Clipper as new versions are released. Also just FYI you may be encountering the support page loop if you are a Basic user. 

thank you.  I am free user.  if it's not possible for free users to submit a ticket, I think it would be helpful if the support page made this more clear, since it did tell me to submit a ticket.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived