How do I access atlas view?

The ability to select notes on geographic location was one of the easiest ways to find notes I had made while travelling to meetings - where has it gone? I seem to have lost it during one of the upgrades.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Atlas is gone - at least temporarily - although your notes still can carry geo data if you have that option switched on.  Not sure whether the team are planning its return.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Gazumped, but "temporarily" is a euphemism.

2013, June:

For Amartel:

I've splitted my working area in zones, saved rectangular coordinates of every zone in a EN note (https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php  latitude: and longitude: search attributes) and when searching somehing I copy/paste those coordinates into the query.

Yes, I know, very fast :(

Cheers. G 

Edited 2016-08-01: another link of Evernote Grammar for advanced search, albeit with fewer attributes

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313828-How-to-use-Evernote-s-advanced-search-syntax

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 2018-01-27 at 11:36 AM, Ian Engelbrecht said:

+1 for wanting a map of my notes...

On 2018-01-29 at 3:56 AM, aalsstaff said:

another request for Atlas to return please.

20 minutes ago, Feanor33 said:

+1 for atlas

Please consider adding your vote to feature requests for the Atlas feature

The voting buttons are at  the top  left corner  of the  request discussion

An IOS request is posted here

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

@gazumped there is hoping they bring it back. 

Think there should be a map/atlas feature and local weather should be added as metadata to a note. 

EN was conceived as “The Ultimate Digital Memory” and location, geography are things that help that. Basic memory science - location is important. 

Hopefully their devs read this........  

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, frogdude said:

local weather should be added as metadata to a note

So as well as wanting Evernote to reinvent Google Maps you want global weather reports? 

With integration apps like IFTTT, Zapier and CloudHQ (and many others) around you should already be able to build whatever blend of data summary you need to add to Evernote.

On 6/2/2020 at 9:02 AM, gazumped said:

So as well as wanting Evernote to reinvent Google Maps you want global weather reports? 

With integration apps like IFTTT, Zapier and CloudHQ (and many others) around you should already be able to build whatever blend of data summary you need to add to Evernote.

No reinvention required. Take a look at most the journaling apps (DayOne for example) they manage to use the inbuilt Google/Apple maps of devices  to display. Something like that, a simple connector, which is what Atlas did previously. 

Again, most the journaling apps use the gps to log a weather stamp. The automation solutions, which you suggest, I have tried but do - don’t work so well if you move around quite a bit. 

Don’t think either suggestions are too outlandish and totally reasonable to suggest. 

• Level 5*
On 6/4/2020 at 4:57 PM, frogdude said:

they manage to use the inbuilt Google/Apple maps of devices  to display. Something like that, a simple connector, which is what Atlas did previously. 

...OK I bow to your insider product knowledge, but then you run into the 'why should this feature have priority over 1) the other thousand or so suggestions for better linking / styling / sharing / tagging / presenting ... options in other threads here,  and 2) the fact that Evernote are (apparently) currently rebuilding their apps for re-release and won't want to go back and fix the 'old' interface until they get the new one working...

Not trying to suggest you shouldn't suggest improvements - just pointing out there may (or may not) be other options,  and that we can't get our hopes up until the Elephant has spoken.