Jump to content
Rootman

How to use Evernote WEB on iPhone

Recommended Posts

With the recent changes in pricing and the 2 device restriction I decided to eliminate a few of my devices to get down to the 2 device limit and then just use Evernote Web on the ones I removed. I need Evernote on my Desktop and my laptop. 

So when I try to use the Evernote Web on my iPhone using Safari or Dolphin I can get logged in but I can't see my notes.  I can't get pack the initial web page to the actual webpage showing the notes.  I searched around and can't seem to get past the first page.  What am I doing wrong?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Rootman said:

I searched around and can't seem to get past the first page.  What am I doing wrong?

 

First off; you should be aware that - We can continue to use all our devices.  I added more details here
This is the method I would use to access Evernote on an iphone

If you insist on using the web site on a mobile device, here's my method

There are two versions of many websites, mobile and desktop
When you say "first page", I think  by default, you are seeing the mobile version of the website

On my ipad, to switch to the desktop version; I hold down the refresh icon

IMG_1289.jpg

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, DTLow said:

 

On my ipad, to switch to the desktop version; I hold down the refresh icon

IMG_1289.jpg

I did not know you could get a desktop site this way! Thank you! I have been going through quite a few steps with the "share" button and then going to the desktop one that way. You rock! :) 

Share this post


Link to post

DTLow, you can get around the 2 device limit the way you mention - for now.  How long until EN 'corrects' this and won't allow it to work?

I got it to work in the iOS Dolphin browser by refreshing it a few times after switching it to the desktop mode.  It is, however unusable.

Share this post


Link to post

If you follow the other link in @DTLow's post,  you get to where he explains that when you log onto Evernote with a new device,  you now get an automatic choice if it's the 3rd one registered to your account - which of the other two would you like to remove to use this one?  Evernote have already pointed this out as an option - it's not a hack,  it's the way Evernote now works.

If you're referring to the web page access issue,  then again Evernote have said officially that the web service is not part of the 2-item limit.  They could still change in the future,  but for the moment it's a viable option.

Share this post


Link to post

I DID follow DTLows post and can see that you can do a switcheroo and take one device out and put one in.  My point is that I foresee Evernote closing this loophole and somehow enforcing the rule of ONLY 2 devices.  Take one out and they may impose a time limit or some other such mechanism that will keep you from switching it back in. 

The WEB interface is why I asked about how to use it on an iPhone.  When you can get to it by switching to the DESKTOP version of the browser it is just so tiny and cramped that it is unusable. 

I may just get a subscription.  I don't use EN a lot but I do use it some.  I actually participated in the EN beta program years ago and BOUGHT the program, I seem to remember that I paid for an upgrade or 2 as well.  Then they switched to free with the cloud base.  I resisted for a while but eventually moved to it. I'm just trying to come up with a happy medium between fair use and EN's restrictions. Using the web version on a iPhone just isn't usable, yet I need the FULL client on 2 other PCs.

Share this post


Link to post

@Rootman - Another 'work around' which I don't see Evernote being able to stop:  you could always have a new basic account on your third computer and share notebooks from it to your current account,  and vice-versa.  All your devices would have access to all notebooks.  But it's pointless worrying about what else Evernote will restrict - just deal with the current situation.  Cross new bridges if and when they appear - you're never going to have any blanket guarantee that Evernote won't curtail features again...

Share this post


Link to post

I am trying to get my wife to use Evernote so we can share notes, but she finds the iPhone app confusing.

I tried to set up the web version since she understands it better (and in my opinion, it is much better that the app anyway) however, it tells me web access is not allowed on iOS?

Suggestion to EN, allow Safari access!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, CMcD said:

I am trying to get my wife to use Evernote so we can share notes, but she finds the iPhone app confusing.

I tried to set up the web version since she understands it better (and in my opinion, it is much better that the app anyway) however, it tells me web access is not allowed on iOS?

Suggestion to EN, allow Safari access!

See note above https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/97754-how-to-use-evernote-web-on-iphone
to switch from the web site version from web to desktop

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/14/2016 at 9:15 AM, DTLow said:

 

First off; you should be aware that - We can continue to use all our devices.  I added more details here
This is the method I would use to access Evernote on an iphone

If you insist on using the web site on a mobile device, here's my method

There are two versions of many websites, mobile and desktop
When you say "first page", I think  by default, you are seeing the mobile version of the website

On my ipad, to switch to the desktop version; I hold down the refresh icon

IMG_1289.jpg

Any chance to post this up again, I can't seem to find this setting. So frustrating...

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, ryeontoasting said:

Any chance to post this up again, I can't seem to find this setting. So frustrating...

091B7DBE-88C2-4279-A384-32C7A9DA6117.thumb.jpeg.52f5896e1dce95466ea94f6abd1d3bce.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...