How to use Evernote WEB on iPhone

With the recent changes in pricing and the 2 device restriction I decided to eliminate a few of my devices to get down to the 2 device limit and then just use Evernote Web on the ones I removed. I need Evernote on my Desktop and my laptop. 

So when I try to use the Evernote Web on my iPhone using Safari or Dolphin I can get logged in but I can't see my notes.  I can't get pack the initial web page to the actual webpage showing the notes.  I searched around and can't seem to get past the first page.  What am I doing wrong?

• Confused 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Rootman said:

I searched around and can't seem to get past the first page.  What am I doing wrong?

First off; you should be aware that - We can continue to use all our devices.  I added more details here
This is the method I would use to access Evernote on an iphone

If you insist on using the web site on a mobile device, here's my method

There are two versions of many websites, mobile and desktop
When you say "first page", I think  by default, you are seeing the mobile version of the website

On my ipad, to switch to the desktop version; I hold down the refresh icon

IMG_1289.jpg

• Confused 1
11 minutes ago, DTLow said:

IMG_1289.jpg

I did not know you could get a desktop site this way! Thank you! I have been going through quite a few steps with the "share" button and then going to the desktop one that way. You rock! :) 

DTLow, you can get around the 2 device limit the way you mention - for now.  How long until EN 'corrects' this and won't allow it to work?

I got it to work in the iOS Dolphin browser by refreshing it a few times after switching it to the desktop mode.  It is, however unusable.

• Level 5*

If you follow the other link in @DTLow's post,  you get to where he explains that when you log onto Evernote with a new device,  you now get an automatic choice if it's the 3rd one registered to your account - which of the other two would you like to remove to use this one?  Evernote have already pointed this out as an option - it's not a hack,  it's the way Evernote now works.

If you're referring to the web page access issue,  then again Evernote have said officially that the web service is not part of the 2-item limit.  They could still change in the future,  but for the moment it's a viable option.

I DID follow DTLows post and can see that you can do a switcheroo and take one device out and put one in.  My point is that I foresee Evernote closing this loophole and somehow enforcing the rule of ONLY 2 devices.  Take one out and they may impose a time limit or some other such mechanism that will keep you from switching it back in. 

The WEB interface is why I asked about how to use it on an iPhone.  When you can get to it by switching to the DESKTOP version of the browser it is just so tiny and cramped that it is unusable. 

I may just get a subscription.  I don't use EN a lot but I do use it some.  I actually participated in the EN beta program years ago and BOUGHT the program, I seem to remember that I paid for an upgrade or 2 as well.  Then they switched to free with the cloud base.  I resisted for a while but eventually moved to it. I'm just trying to come up with a happy medium between fair use and EN's restrictions. Using the web version on a iPhone just isn't usable, yet I need the FULL client on 2 other PCs.

• Level 5*

@Rootman - Another 'work around' which I don't see Evernote being able to stop:  you could always have a new basic account on your third computer and share notebooks from it to your current account,  and vice-versa.  All your devices would have access to all notebooks.  But it's pointless worrying about what else Evernote will restrict - just deal with the current situation.  Cross new bridges if and when they appear - you're never going to have any blanket guarantee that Evernote won't curtail features again...

I am trying to get my wife to use Evernote so we can share notes, but she finds the iPhone app confusing.

I tried to set up the web version since she understands it better (and in my opinion, it is much better that the app anyway) however, it tells me web access is not allowed on iOS?

Suggestion to EN, allow Safari access!

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, CMcD said:

I am trying to get my wife to use Evernote so we can share notes, but she finds the iPhone app confusing.

I tried to set up the web version since she understands it better (and in my opinion, it is much better that the app anyway) however, it tells me web access is not allowed on iOS?

Suggestion to EN, allow Safari access!

See note above https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/97754-how-to-use-evernote-web-on-iphone
to switch from the web site version from web to desktop

• 1 year later...
On 7/14/2016 at 9:15 AM, DTLow said:

First off; you should be aware that - We can continue to use all our devices.  I added more details here
This is the method I would use to access Evernote on an iphone

If you insist on using the web site on a mobile device, here's my method

There are two versions of many websites, mobile and desktop
When you say "first page", I think  by default, you are seeing the mobile version of the website

IMG_1289.jpg

Any chance to post this up again, I can't seem to find this setting. So frustrating...

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, ryeontoasting said:

Any chance to post this up again, I can't seem to find this setting. So frustrating...

091B7DBE-88C2-4279-A384-32C7A9DA6117.thumb.jpeg.52f5896e1dce95466ea94f6abd1d3bce.jpeg

• 3 years later...

IPhone Safari doesn’t have that setting. I’ve now wasted a half hour trying to fish out an important price of info that’s locked in evernote. I don’t have 200 MB free on my phone right now. This really is the final insult. If Evernote thinks I’m going to let them control whether or not I can get to my information from a browser they’re crazy. I’m switching. Enough is enough.

• Level 5

iOS 15.1, iPad Pro 10.5. It works the same at least on iOS 13 and 14. 

On the iPadOS it should already be set to the desktop site by default. If not, you can change this in iOS settings, Safari, then way down to „Request desktop website“. Note: I translate this, so it may be called a bit differently if using a native English setup. But you get the message …

C3393B9D-A077-49C7-98C0-246A2C4AD25C.thumb.jpeg.0c0bef168161e9e5e239db951739a969.jpeg

18 hours ago, Mike the human said:

IPhone Safari doesn’t have that setting. I’ve now wasted a half hour trying to fish out an important price of info that’s locked in evernote. I don’t have 200 MB free on my phone right now. This really is the final insult. If Evernote thinks I’m going to let them control whether or not I can get to my information from a browser they’re crazy. I’m switching. Enough is enough.

@Mike the human Yes, it does. What OS are you running? If you are running an older version of the OS, it's going to be under the share sheet (box with arrow) and if you are on iOS 15 it's in the same place that @PinkElephant pointed out. I just used it to access my notes in Safari  on my phone.

I'm running iOS 15

image.thumb.png.eb8307b150968e466a5081b918b9e16c.png

• Like 1