Candid

Chrome Feature Request: Evernote as printer

Idea

I occasionally have a web page not be easily clip able. Sometimes a floating box will clip on top of the page even though it isn't visible to me. Or the clipper just can't seem to accurately clip the page. Sometimes there is a printer button on these pages. Some such buttons take you to a page where you can then use Evernote to clip in a much cleaner way, but some go right to the printer dialog box. Since I can print to a PDF, I will do that. BUT what if I could select Evernote as the printer? That would save me some steps. 

8 replies to this idea

If you are on a Mac you can print to Evernote by hitting command +p and then "print with system dialog" and then if you click the PDF drop down you will see Save PDF to Evernote.

Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 2.45.03 PM.png

This is good to know, but I am in Windows. I hope this means that my idea is at least on the radar. I can get close by saving the PDF into an Evernote import folder. What I'd really like to see is an ability to save the page NOT as a PDF but as a note and maybe even tag and select a notebook.

Currently there is a save PDF function in the clipper, but it does not function when a website puts you in the print dialogue. 

1 person likes this

how do i get the option to save as a PDF to Evernote on my computer?

On 7/10/2016 at 4:47 PM, Sayre Ambrosio said:

If you are on a Mac you can print to Evernote by hitting command +p and then "print with system dialog" and then if you click the PDF drop down you will see Save PDF to Evernote.

Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 2.45.03 PM.png

how do i get the save PDF to Evernote option on my computer

If you're on a Mac just follow the steps in my post you quoted. If you are on Windows I'm not sure.

On Windows this does not exist. You can work from a print pop up screen in a work around way if you have Evernote import folders set up. The windows printer includes a save to PDF printer. You'd choose that from the printer list and then save the file created to an Evernote import folder. 

I had this "Save PDF to Evernote" working (Mac) until recently. Now it stopped working. I tried to install Evernote again from the site but it didn't help.