Request: Display of images within the notes

Moey

Idea

Excuse my english as it's not my first language. 

A very important request for me (And I'm sure for others too) is the way evernote organizes images within the notes. Most of my notes are recipes with photos of the steps needed. Evernote just places all the images simply in the note and so I have to scroll down to see each one. For me this has been very annoying because: 

1. Too much scrolling needed to view the images, 

2. Big hasstle of scrolling up and down to edit the note or while viewing, 

2. Text under a group of images gets neglected because lots of scrolling involved which usually makes me miss reading them,

3. It just looks very ugly and not organized.

At first I had no idea how to improve this or what's the solution. But today I came across an app called Instructables and it had very similar pages to how evernote notes look.

This app allows you to see images within the page in a very dynamic and organized way which solves all the issues I have with evernote. I have attached 2 screenshots from this app inwhich I use 2 different views (you have an option to expand all images on the button on the top right corner.) 

Here is the first screenshot with the images expanded (which is similar to how evernote displays images ??) 

IMG_20160710_213515.jpg

And here is the improved way of organizing images and viewing them compactly and neatly ???)

IMG_20160710_213530.jpg

This app displays images that are grouped together (meaning no text inbetween them) in a gallery like structure which allows you to view the images one by one without scrolling. 

I hope very very much that evernote adops such image view within the notes to solve all the issues I am facing and make the app a lot better.

By the way, as a side note I'd like to say one more thing, the image used as a note thumbnail is chosen from the images in the note depending on the image with the largest dimentions. This is extremely horrible and have not been fixed for many years now. Please allow us to choose the image to become a thumbnail rather than making me edit all the images to make sure the one I want as a thumbnail has the largest dimentions (simply horrible)

Thanks a lot for reading this long post and I hope you guys implement this soon. 

1 reply to this idea

Archived