Lisa Dalworth

corrupted note containg angle brackets

I don't know when exactly this started happening but as of now a note I have that contains angle brackets (<>) displays as corrupted on my Nexus 5x. It displays fine on my Nexus 9 and in the web app. Sample file content that is the problem:

this is a new note
<this is in angle brackets>
<so is this>

this is a new line
<more angle brackets>

On my Nexus 5x it looks like this:

this is a new note

this is a new line

I know this wasn't a problem in the past. 

1 hour ago, Lisa Dalworth said:

I don't know when exactly this started happening but as of now a note I have that contains angle brackets (<>) displays as corrupted on my Nexus 5x. It displays fine on my Nexus 9 and in the web app.

Are these offline notes, or is it the same note being retrieved from the servers?

If they were offline notes, I wouldn't spend a lot of time troubleshooting; just delete the app and reinstall

If you wanted to open a support ticket; there's a link below in my signature section

Hello @Lisa Dalworth,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forum. We are currently looking into this to see what could be the cause of this. I will update you once I have more information on this.

For those interested, the Evernote team has identified the bug and have said it will be fixed in an upcoming release.