Login screen should be able login existing users, not just create new

lukebmay

Idea

When you login in to Evernote Web, there is a username and password field, and every single time I type in my account info, and every single time it errors out because the login page isn't a login page at all -- it's a create account page.  I understand you want to make life easy for people trying to sign up, but it is very frustrating to your existing users.  You create an account one time.  You login (hopefully) hundreds of times.

You could easily configure the login page to accept existing logins AND new account creations.  If a login attempt fails and the username isn't taken, create an account.  There are a number of other ways to handle it too if you don't like that, but forcing an extra click and an extra page load for every single existing user every single time they login is a consistent, though minor, frustration.  With enough of these minor frustrations people will leave.

I love the product, and I hope this feedback helps improve it.  Keep up the good work.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hey @scruggles - just to give you guys a little incentive,  this little quirk of the web page seems to be the source of some "where did all my notes go?" queries as new users "log in" to the web page with the new account link and inadvertently set up an account with similar details to their original...

On 7/9/2016 at 2:24 AM, lukebmay said:

When logging in I have often made errors in my typing. So every time I log in I get a list of all the attempts I have made and I would like to remove them and only keep the login that actually works (the correct one) I have tried to us e the support option to log this but could not get to work. Are you able to help or direct me to a place tghat can offer a solution to my problem pklease.

Archived