Feature request: Disable "Ctrl + S"

KinoP

Idea

I really love your new web app.

One thing I feel stressful is that, my fingers keep pressing "Ctrl + S" habitually.

It causes the browser to popup a dialog to save the web page.

If the app is auto-saved, please disable "Ctrl + S" and show some text like "Don't worry, it's auto saved ;)"  somewhere at corner.

Thanks!

10 replies to this idea

14 hours ago, KinoP said:

It causes the browser to popup a dialog to save the web page.

If the app is auto-saved, please disable "Ctrl + S" and show some text like "Don't worry, it's auto saved ;)"  somewhere at corner.

Thanks!

Hey Kino! Unfortunately we can't override browser-controlled keyboard commands. If your browser wants to save the webpage with that key command, then your browser will try to save the webpage :(

On 2016/7/9 at 2:41 AM, scruggles said:

Hey Kino! Unfortunately we can't override browser-controlled keyboard commands. If your browser wants to save the webpage with that key command, then your browser will try to save the webpage :(

Yes I think you can override the Ctrl + S with Javascript by listening on "onkeydown" event.

Actually, a service called Paper from Dropbox does it ;) 

On 1/24/2017 at 8:18 AM, JackPoint said:

I faced the same problem so I created a Chrome extension to suppress ctrl+s/cmd+s

You can download it here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cgiljljdakfibcopncdohgfbhgngbiof

Thanks @JackPoint for creating the extension. 

However, this extension might be outdated and it does not work for the current web app. Any chance to update it?

Bump. I'd like to request this feature as well. Gmail does it. I've used a text editor for too long. I press Ctrl+S at the end of every sentence. Please enable ignoring Ctrl+S in the browser note editor.