Evernote for Mac v6.8 Beta 2 Released (Official Thread)

EvernoteAlex

Idea

Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce the release of Evernote for Mac v6.8 Beta 2!

Please reply to this post and let us know how you like it! And if you find an issue, please let us know in a reply to this post.

You can download the new version here or from within the app. Please note that betas are available to users of the Direct Download version of Evernote, and are not available to users of the Mac App Store version.

Fixed in v6.8 Beta 2

• Fixed an issue that prevented the left side nav from highlighting the current selection.
  • Fixed several issues that were causing crashes.
  • Various other bug fixes.

For your reference, these are the new features first released in the v6.8 Beta 1:

• Google Drive integration!  Now you can add docs, slides, sheets, and files from Google Drive as attachments or as pasted links (URLs) without having to leave Evernote. When you attach Google Drive files, the links are formatted as clickable objects that easy to find in a note. For more information on the Google Drive integration, please see https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2016/05/12/evernote-and-google-drive-deliver-a-smarter-way-to-work/
  • Evernote Business users who connect their accounts with their Salesforce account can now save Evernote business card notes directly to Salesforce as Leads or Contacts via the Share menu! For more information on the Salesforce integration, please see https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/220820807
  • The notebook sharing UI has been updated to make it easier to share a notebook and manage permissions.
  • You can now more easily navigate to your trash via the trash icon in the sidebar.

Cheers,

Alex

11 replies to this idea

Is there any chance we could have the ability to turn any link into a rich link (not just GDrive files), like in Apple Notes?

Edit: I don't mean all links. Perhaps, you could turn the web clipper bookmarks into GDrive-like rich links. I mean, the idea is identical and it would make the experience seamless across all platforms.

Combined with an "append to note" feature it would make Evernote the perfect research app.

There are definitely plans to expand rich links beyond GDrive URLs.

Can you please say more about what you have in mind regarding "append to note" functionality? Definitely interested in your thoughts on making Evernote a better research app!

Cheers,

Alex

I think it would be useful to be able to choose a specific note from the web clipper and then append selections, images, bookmarks (rich links) or screenshots to it. I'm excluding full pages because they might be impractical, especially if not simplified.

Let's say I want to research a small topic from several sources. Right now, the web clipper would create a separate note for each new clipping and clutter my Evernote with scattered notes that should be related to one another. Sure there's note merging, appending via email and context for Plus/Premium users or third-party apps that can solve this problem but I think built-in appending is a more simple and elegant solution.

• Level 5*

Note content invisible & inaccessible during sync
Posting here in case this is a release error

The upgrades have caused a problem during the sync process

Archived