I use a Surface Pro 4 (Win 10) and have been using the Ink Note feature with the pen quite a bit.  As a result I have a number of Ink Notes that exceed the length of one page (I use the tablet in portrait mode a lot with the Pen).  Since the last update to the Windows version of Evernote (6.1.2.2292) I have lost the scroll bar on the right of the Ink Note page.  As a result, on the Surface Pro 4, I have no way of scrolling down the Ink Note page without using a mouse.  Makes it difficult to work with Surface Pro 4 as a tablet with the Pen.

Is this an issue that will be addressed?

Thanks

MB

Hi,

same problem here. I have a Surface Book and cant scroll as well. I just contacted the Evernote support as well, when I get a different feedback I let you know.

What I will test is using the wheel with my Bluetooth mouse, that could work as an interim work around but certainly it isn't something I would want to do long term.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a real deal breaker for me using Evernote.  I use it for a number of things but one of the most important is taking "handwritten" notes in meetings and having them saved into Evernote.  It is the main reason that I bought the SP4.  I have tried to solve with TouchMe but cant seem to get that to work.  Whilst 2 finger scrolling would be ideal at least a scroll bar on the side would make it useable.  I just checked OneNote and it scrolls fine.  

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, has become a real issue now.  I am having to create multiple Ink notes (5-6) just to get through a meeting and given the fact there is no way to merge Ink Notes, it's a huge time waster.  Why on earth would this feature be disabled on purpose??  If you have a mouse connected you can scoll with that, but when taking notes with a Pen you arn't using a mouse.   In Evernote, the Ink Note feature is already weak, why make it weaker???

• 3 weeks later...

Very nessesary to be able to use Evernote for pen-notes.

Also being able to start Evernote with a pen-note from the pen buttons. Now I have to do three things before I can scrible... looks a bit clumsy when being with customers.

A last final remark, a possibility to merge pen-notes. Wouldn't mind if the possibility to edit ends... 

I just downloaded the 6.3.2 beta and it is still impossible to scroll a note while marking it up.

I hate to be the "rude" customer but this is patently ridiculous.  When I am trying to mark up scanned documents I can only see the top half of the page!???

Unbelievably short-sighted when Evernote needs to compete with the OneNote product that is BUILT INTO THE HARDWARE I am trying to use.

What gives!?!

• 1 month later...

Aug 8
Austin G - Evernote

Thanks all for the reports. We're currently looking into this issue. I will reply here once I have something to share.  

Sep 1st
Emerick -Evernote

We're actively working on it and hope to have it in the final release of 6.3.

Meanwhile - Nov 1st - I'm paying to use version 6.4.2.3773 (30773) and still NO SCROLL BAR IN INK NOTES. Two finger slide would be just as good...

Come on guys - seriously - not even an update?

For everyone in this thread:

I just downgraded my 6.4.2.3773 to an old version that I had stored locally: 5.8.1.6061 (274061)

Scrolling existing ink notes works fine - its not pretty in new notes  - but it works...

Evernote - please get it together...

Untill then I'm paying for Premium and stuck on v 5.8.1

Yup. Just upgraded from 6.3.3.3502 to 6.4.2.3788. Lost the scroll bars. Had another PC with 6.3.3 on it. Whew. Uninstalled 6.4.2, installed 6.3.3. Good to go!

I seriously don't understand how you could lose scroll bars. :wacko: It seems like such a simple regression test: Open Evernote, create ink note, write something, see if scroll bars appear.

Next, they will be losing Apple Pencil support in Penultimate on iPad Pro. You will need to use your finger. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So how can you use scroll bars in a (minor) upgrade and then say it will be a fixed in a future release?

I have a Surface 4 running Windows 10 using Evernote 6.4.2.3788 (premium).....

I will give it a day or two and then cancel my subscription (after several years) and move to Microsoft Note...

This is really poor for a paid service.

I wonder if Evernote will consider crediting back a couple of months of subscription.  I have basically been using Onenote for the last two months as inknotes won't scroll and ink notes don't sync to the iphone app either.

very disappointed.   I haven't yet quit evernote as i have paid for the next 6 months, and i have a lot of data in there that will take a long time to shift to onenote.

On 11/2/2016 at 7:47 PM, emerick said:

We fixed this in 6.3 (at least according to our release notes), but it sounds like it regressed very recently. Will follow up with our PM today, thanks for your patience.

Regressed?! This is new terminology.. to say what? Like oh.. ya we know.. and looked at the issue and just brushed it off..

19 hours ago, Johnny Jan-Pong Tu said:

Regressed?! This is new terminology..

It's pretty old terminology in software. It means we accidentally broke a bug we previously fixed. I'm pretty sure the fix is in the next release.

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping this is still being monitored.  I have tried to contact customer support but the contact support is not working.  If the inability to scroll long notes (particularly ink notes) is not remedied within the next 7 days or so, then I need a refund for my premium account.  Without the ability to manage and edit my notes this is a worthless tool.  I have started using one note which works across all of my devices.  Making this software worthless as a productivity tool

I can't believe that this problem is still not fixed. (I am using Surface Pro 4, Windows 10, the latest version of Evernote from Windows Store, 6.4.2.3788 (307788) Public). This problem, to me an amateur, should not be a technically difficult problem.

Please fix this problem as soon as possible. I love Evernote. But not being able to scroll up and down in ink note is not a "lack of a feature," but a hassle.

Thanks.

Why do you guys care if there is a scroll bar or not, when ink notes are not even SEARCHABLE? I just took notes on my Surface Notebook during a two hour meeting, only to find now that the stupid notes are not searchable, even though handwriting you SCAN in or photograph are searchable. Now I have to TYPE in my handwritten notes so I can search them if needed in the future. 

You have to make the ink notes searchable. Heck, OneNote not only makes them searchable but has built in OCR to convert them to text if desired.

OneNote has you beat on this one by a mile.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to add one more voice. Got a new Surface Pro 4 a couple of weeks ago. To begin with I thought I'd have to move to OneNote, then to my joy I discovered ink notes in Evernote. Yay! But yesterday I tried to use ink notes during a meeting, got to the end of the first page... now what? Tried swiping... just put lines on the document, no scroll bar... screwed.  Brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
53 minutes ago, 1337inarpa said:

Pathetic - honestly.... as any sensible person would do after reviewing this thread and the level of support - i will be moving on to OneNote

Personally, I switch to dedicated apps when I need extended features.  My favourite app is Notabiliy on my app.

I store the file as an attachment in its native format, but convert to PDF when I'm finished editing

That seems a sensible solution to me; but good luck on your move

• 1 month later...
On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 5:47 PM, ProBookkeeper said:

I have the same problem.

I use a Surface Pro 3 and the ink note scroll bar has disappeared.

When I queried this with Evernote, I was told that this had been done on purpose.

I'm hoping they bring it back in a future release.

The page scrolling problem in Ink Notes has finally been resolved in a recent update.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived