geekyhybrid

Duplicating/copying notes?

Is there a function in Evernote to allow for making a copy of a note?  I would like to create a template note, then makes copies of it as a starting point for new notes. 

Depending upon platform, in Windows you can right click on your template note and duplicate it or make a copy in another notebook.  You can drag the template note to the desktop, an ENEX file will be created, and then whenever you double click the that ENEX file a new note will be created in your default folder.

6 hours ago, geekyhybrid said:

Is there a function in Evernote to allow for making a copy of a note?  I would like to create a template note, then makes copies of it as a starting point for new notes. 

Which platform are you using?

The Mac platform has a Duplicate Note menu item  Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 2.56.31 PM.png

On my Mac, I use a custom script (documented here) to handle my templates; copy etc  Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 2.58.46 PM.png

Windows has the Duplicate Note function also. Since I am one those 'folder people' I have a template folder and use the Copy to Notebook function to create the copies