Can't report a bug

I don't know if it's a bug but it seems to be impossible to report a bug! I go to https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=176617 and answer the questions (Technical Issues > Other > Report a bug) and it doesn't actually give me any link or anything to report a bug. It just tells me what info I should include if I report a bug. The contact page has no contact information. Seriously, I was pretty pissed off about Evernote's recent changes; I was thinking about getting a premium account, but this kind of stuff makes me think I should just switch to something else.

The bug I originally wanted to report was that Evernote will no longer import htm files from the command line. I had made a script that called evernote.exe and sent htm files and it worked some months ago, but I have updated to the latest version of Evernote and now it doesn't work anymore. That import ability was the #1 reason for me to stick with Evernote instead of switching back to OneNote.

When I use the command line (e.g. "Evernote.exe import.htm") it does not return any feedback; no pop-up messages, no dialogs, etc. It simply does not import the note. It is clear that it finds the file, however, because if I send it a bad path it gives me a dialog indicating that the path is bad. It still imports txt files, but not htm. I have tried with different htm files, too.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, azcoyote said:

The bug I originally wanted to report was that Evernote will no longer import htm files from the command line. I had made a script that called evernote.exe and sent htm files and it worked some months ago, but I have updated to the latest version of Evernote and now it doesn't work anymore. That import ability was the #1 reason for me to stick with Evernote instead of switching back to OneNote.

When I use the command line (e.g. "Evernote.exe import.htm") it does not return any feedback; no pop-up messages, no dialogs, etc. It simply does not import the note. It is clear that it finds the file, however, because if I send it a bad path it gives me a dialog indicating that the path is bad. It still imports txt files, but not htm. I have tried with different htm files, too.

I wasn't aware that "import from command line" was a supported feature

The supported features are described here https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/enscript.php

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, azcoyote said:

I don't know if it's a bug but it seems to be impossible to report a bug!

This is what I (Premium Account) see when reporting a bug

Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 8.31.51 AM.png

• Level 5*

It was a quirk (that's a feature-not-a-bug) of the web page that unless you at least click in the "Not what you're looking for?" box the bottom three buttons didn't show up.  Allegedly fixed,  but I guess it might still happen that way from time to time..

• Level 5
13 hours ago, gazumped said:

It was a quirk (that's a feature-not-a-bug) of the web page that unless you at least click in the "Not what you're looking for?" box the bottom three buttons didn't show up.  Allegedly fixed,  but I guess it might still happen that way from time to time..

Interesting. Hope that helps azcoyote. As for me, I now find that, having once gotten the buttons, even if I sign out, I can't make it fail!

I am unable to report a bug.  I don't mind paying for a service if it will be supported.  Now that I am being forced to pay for Evernote should I decide to stay with it, I will insist that the bugs that I have put up with all these years get fixed.  But there is a bug in the bug reporting page, so things are not looking for for Evernote.

If i try to sign in, I am taken to my Evernote home page.  And when I go to help/support, I am taken to the support page with a link to sign in.  I never can sign in and see the support page link to submit a ticket.

• Level 5

On the bottom of the main Evernote home page, click Contact. The support page link is on the next page. Note the observations above about getting the Submit button to show up. Not terribly intuitive or smooth, but it does work.

Archived