Teaching Evernote to my 7th Grader

Andybridgeeng

I have three kids, the oldest of which is going into the 7th grade next year.  I think she's at an age where I need to start showing her how to use Evernote to be more productive at school.  I've seen a few articles on how to show kids how to set up an account, but I haven't seen anything on how to take them to the next step.  How do I start teaching her how to create notebooks, tag files, etc, etc...

Thanks ahead of time for any help,

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, Andybridgeeng said:

How do I start teaching her how to create notebooks, tag files, etc, etc...

You could start with an example.
Create a notebook of family records and share it with her.
Also, don't go crazy with notebooks - one shared notebook and use tags for organization

4 minutes ago, DTLow said:

You could start with an example.
Create a notebook of family records and share it with her.
Also, don't go crazy with notebooks - one shared notebook and use tags for organization

I like that. I'm planning on having her make a homework folder, and MAYBE a school project folder.  I want her to see how to use it to focus in on what assingments she needs to do and when.

I want the homework to be a shared folder, but might let her create another folder to save other things in that she's working on.  However, I'm planning on giving her free reign with that notebook.

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Andybridgeeng said:

I want the homework to be a shared folder,

Thats a great plan.
There's a benefit for you - you get to see what's happening with her
I also see a benefit for her; sometimes kids need a little persuasion to accept new things

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2016 at 8:57 AM, Andybridgeeng said:

I have three kids, the oldest of which is going into the 7th grade next year.  I think she's at an age where I need to start showing her how to use Evernote to be more productive at school.  I've seen a few articles on how to show kids how to set up an account, but I haven't seen anything on how to take them to the next step.  How do I start teaching her how to create notebooks, tag files, etc, etc...

Thanks ahead of time for any help,

My son is going into the same grade and we are doing the same thing. He is particular about his organizing but once he comes up with a system I will share for sure.

Archived