Commitment to Feature Parity among Platforms?

• Level 5*

I personally would love it if the next round of upgrades was to get feature parity among the desktop platforms. For example:

• Things Windows has but macOS doesn't
    • Indent/Outdent icons on the toolbar (even this web forum has those!)
    • Import folders
    • Ability to merge notes in the order selected instead of the order last modified.
    • 3 Reminder fields to add in List View
    • Ability to put shortcuts across the top where they are always visible instead of the left pane where they can vanish off screen
  • Things macOS has but Windows doesn't
    • easy access to saved searches in the search bar
    • Easily create saved search from the search bar after executing a search
    • Ability to show hits in PDF files (I know the reason for this, but I am say'n it anyway! :-) )
    • Ability to copy files from Windows Explorer and Paste with a shortcut key
    • Ability to remove tags with the cursor key when in the tag area of a note without having to grab the mouse and hit that teeny tiny x next to the tag.
    • A rock'n database that never forces the UI to stop responding
    • Ability to see reminder notes in List view

I am sure there are others, but the key is, these are two insanely powerful platforms and there is no reason (other than the PDF thing above) both cannot both do everything the other can, even if the UI might be a bit different in how it is executed.

Not asking for any of this on iOS or Android - I fully get those platforms are different - though they should be roughly equivalent to each other)

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd prefer these be addressed before one. single. new. feature. is released.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, EdH said:

I personally would love it if the next round of upgrades was to get feature parity among the desktop platforms.

+1          I'd move this to a feedback forum so it be voted but I know how feel about that

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, EdH said:

what feedback forum? The Windows feedback, or mac feedback?

Both?

Mostly, I just use the Windows forum even though many suggestions are multi platform.  I figure if it gets into Windows, it will make it to Mac eventually.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, EdH said:

I personally would love it if the next round of upgrades was to get feature parity among the desktop platforms.

Agreed.

3 hours ago, EdH said:

Things Windows has but macOS doesn't

Here are some you missed:

• Provide option to include any child tags in a search when the parent tag is used.
  • Show Search Explanation
  • Show all Tags in the Tag Filter
  • Provide the Multi-tag, multi-note, tag assign tool (CTRL+ALT+T)
  • Like 1

This is what made me switch and cancel my Evernote Premium. I was using a MacBook and an iPad and switched to a a Surface Pro and discovered how blah Evernote is on Windows. Now, it barely supports the platform at all. Its Windows tablet application has received essentially no updates in 3 years. Why bother even keeping it alive? The "new" Evernote for Windows is exactly the same as the old one with only the slightest of changes (but no actual improvements). They've killed Skitch for Windows. They have nothing like Penultimate for Windows. Pen support in the Windows application is garbage. I still check back in from from time to time, because I would like a viable alternative to OneNote, but nothing has changed and since they've fired so much of their staff, its pretty clear that they never will. 

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

Agreed.

Here are some you missed:

• Provide option to include any child tags in a search when the parent tag is used.
  • Show Search Explanation
  • Show all Tags in the Tag Filter
  • Provide the Multi-tag, multi-note, tag assign tool (CTRL+ALT+T)

Thanks. I am sure there are many more I've missed too. Keep the list going...

• 4 years later...

Hi. Is there somewhere a table where we can see that features are included in Evernote, depending on the OS?

I am especially interested to know which features are lacking from the Android version, since I will probably buy a tablet for work, and I am still on the fence between a Galaxy Tab and an Ipad.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Broadly speaking I believe Evernote features have parity across all devices,  though obviously depending on screen size and touchability, the access and menu system may be different.  The only feature I am aware of that's different is that iOS has Scannable as a separate app,  though both iOS and Android versions have quite capable built-in camera scans.

That said,  I'm an Android,  not iOS user;  so wait for some more opinions!

https://evernote.com/products/scannable

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, fredhammersmith said:

Is there somewhere a table where we can see that features are included in Evernote, depending on the OS?

I merged your post with an ongoing discussion on this topic

I know of no feature table, but I understand Evernote is actively working towards feature parity over the platforms

>>I am still on the fence between a Galaxy Tab and an Ipad

I'm an Apple fan; also influenced by the synergy all my devices being in the Apple ecosystem   
It  just works

• Level 5

There are a few features not present in Android, and some of them are pretty important for some users: merging notes, adding and editing tables, certain aspects of text formatting (font, color, size), paste as plain text. There may be others that I'm not thinking of.