Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This week, i started getting security alerts upon opening my desktop version of the app

 

this page requires a secure connection which includes server authentication.

the certificate issuer for this site is untrusted or unknown. do you wish to proceed?

 

i uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It wont even let me log it now, what is the deal with this rando error

Share this post


Link to post

this page requires a secure connection which includes server authentication.

the certificate issuer for this site is untrusted or unknown. do you wish to proceed?

 


thats what I see whenever I try to log in. there are buttons below asking me if i trust the certificate, cancel, etc. regardless of what i click, it doesnt log in.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, wsarradet said:

there are buttons below asking me if i trust the certificate, cancel, etc.

That sound like a web page,  so you're logging in via a browser and not using the installed app at all.  Do you not have an icon on your desktop/ home page?  Are you using a Mac or Windows 7/ 8/ 10?

Share this post


Link to post

yes, I am using the app, not the web login. This error doesnt occur when I log in through Evernote web app. I am on a windows 7 machine

Share this post


Link to post

Weird.  Evernote doesn't have a 'cerificate' to check - logging into the app is accessing the local EXE file and it will phone home to check for new synced material.  Standard 'odd behaviour' suggestion for Windows - try uninstall / restart / reinstall.

Share this post


Link to post

@wsarradet  Hi there! A few other things you might want to take a look at:

* Can you please check to make sure you're not affected by this? See the section under 'What should I do if I'm affected?' for settings to check for. Evernote uses IE to sync through the back end regardless of your default browser.

* If you're on a corporate network, your IT department may have blocked the site and you might want to get in contact with them to resolve it.

* Do you have anti virus software installed? If so, please make sure Evernote is whitelisted.

If reinstalling and the above suggestions do not help please let me know, but hopefully it's one of those.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I have the same issue beginning a couple weeks ago.   It starts somewhat randomly by popping up that certificate issuer is untrusted or unknown window.  You can agree to continue or not continue, even install an updated certificate, I've done all of those, dozen times.  I can't get rid of that window relentlessly popping up unless I kill Evernote.  I just restarted Evernote and it is running normally without issue at the moment and syncs without issue.  No telling when that pesky warning window will pop back up.

Share this post


Link to post

I get this as well.  When I say "yes" proceed, it comes back in a few seconds.

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/14/2016 at 7:58 AM, nohb said:

@wsarradet  Hi there! A few other things you might want to take a look at:

* Can you please check to make sure you're not affected by this? See the section under 'What should I do if I'm affected?' for settings to check for. Evernote uses IE to sync through the back end regardless of your default browser.

* If you're on a corporate network, your IT department may have blocked the site and you might want to get in contact with them to resolve it.

* Do you have anti virus software installed? If so, please make sure Evernote is whitelisted.

If reinstalling and the above suggestions do not help please let me know, but hopefully it's one of those.

Does anyone have an updated link for this issue that @nohb linked to?  The link is dead.  I think I may have the same problem this thread is referring to and could benefit from reading whatever he posted to.  My issue only came up when I changed routers and am using Evernote without an Internet connection.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, pianoman723 said:

My issue only came up when I changed routers and am using Evernote without an Internet connection

Hi.  Is the app open on your device?  I think Evernote requires a connection to verify login (not tried for a while) and you may just be getting an error because a connection is not available...

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, it's only when Evernote is running on my Windows machine. I'm in a situation where I'm offline most of the time, but still connected via LAN to other devices in my house. When I do go online (via mobile hotspot) Evernote runs fine. But when I revert back to LAN only it starts throwing this error over and over. As I mentioned, I just changed routers. Before, I had this same setup and the old router worked fine without giving this error. I tried messing with some IE connection and firewall settings, but no luck. Any idea where I can find that article with the dead link? 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...