Evernote "upload-only" app?

Hi

I want a tool/app that only uploads files to Evernote.

I use the web-based EN because the windows client if horrible (keeps going to busy status upon waking up from background). And sometimes I want to upload 30-40 PDFs, but dont want to using the web as it's tedious.

I know Windows client has the "import folder" function, but like i said, i DONT want to use the Win version. Plus, I dont have enough space for all the files I have store (like 30GB or so).

Is there a tool that is a "one-direction upload" ?

Thanks

Zapier or IFTTT, combined with a cloud service like Google Drive or Dropbox may give you want your looking for. Have you checked those out? I imagine you could create a recipe to take any file added to a specific Dropbox/drive folder and add it to Evernote. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, sinman said:

Is there a tool that is a "one-direction upload" ?

On my Mac, I have this scripted (Mac/Applescript)
Although much limited, you might make use of the Enscript tool in Windows.  https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/enscript.php

>>I use the web-based EN because the windows client if horrible (keeps going to busy status upon waking up from background).

You should follow up on this.  Its not the experience of most users

>>Plus, I dont have enough space for all the files I have store (like 30GB or so).

imo  Evernote is not the best tool as a file storage service

3 hours ago, ScottLougheed said:

Zapier or IFTTT, combined with a cloud service like Google Drive or Dropbox may give you want your looking for. Have you checked those out? I imagine you could create a recipe to take any file added to a specific Dropbox/drive folder and add it to Evernote. 

tried IFTTT but wont attach the PDFs and wont delete the files... thanks tho

47 minutes ago, DTLow said:

On my Mac, I have this scripted (Mac/Applescript)
Although much limited, you might make use of the Enscript tool in Windows.  https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/enscript.php

>>I use the web-based EN because the windows client if horrible (keeps going to busy status upon waking up from background).

You should follow up on this.  Its not the experience of most users

Could be a HDD/SSD issue. My work PC is still on HDD and recovery from background is not a strong suite. Have reported this to EN but they have made no progress whatsoever

48 minutes ago, DTLow said:

>>Plus, I dont have enough space for all the files I have store (like 30GB or so).

imo  Evernote is not the best tool as a file storage service

It is for PDFs. Well it's either this or Google Drive and i prefer EN

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, sinman said:

I dont have enough space for all the files I have store (like 30GB or so).

I suspect this is the problem behind your Windows woes.  If it is at all a possibility I would suggest converting to an SSD (with more space than you currently have).  System performance will be zippier on all fronts and will likely fix the EN issues.  Windows v6 is actually quite good once the performance issue has been tamed.

As others have mentioned, import folders is one of the better ways to get files into EN but I do agree that if file management is your main concern then Google drive or Dropbox would probably be better.  There is the new Google drive EN integration that might be a good option for your use case.

I use evernote as a PDF inbox, as it has many merits over Google Drive or any other storage services. But one thing it lacks is a means of uploading files without the need to store everything...

Thanks tho.

• Level 5*

You could look at the Google Drive integration that's coming along to all clients - store your file in Drive,  but have the URL in an Evernote note.  Short term you can open the Drive document directly from the note.  Longer term (depending on your platform) you can open and annotate the file directly (?) from Evernote.  Downsides: the content isn't searchable from Evernote (although you could add exec summaries or even dump the extracted  text into the note to aid searches).  And - you need network access to Drive to see your files.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, sinman said:

I want to use Evernote as the "Remember everything" but I guess their financial situation is inhibiting this goal...

Evernote has a financial situation???

I know they're currently adjusting their plan prices, and incentives on the free plan. I haven't heard anything about finances

Archived