Permanent links on tags and notebooks

Andrii Vozniak

Idea

Hello! I think Evernote should work on public options too. For example, I want to create some notebook and tag and create permanent link on it. For example, I've created notebook "Midnight stories" and regularly add notes to it. So I want provide to people some permanent link e.g. evernote.com/mstories, and they will be able to check out that. So it will be some kind of blog and no need to create site and administrate it. That will also be comfortable for office checklists and datas, evernote.com/papers will be much more easier to remember than evernote.com/share/blablablablabla. And ask for password to access. In future it would be very cool to provide for notebooks or tags even domains: ****.notes. 

Yes, you might say - write on facebook! But it's comfortable only for short texts, not for long-reads. I think permanent short links are the way to bring perfect experience for power-users. Thanks.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm pretty sure Evernote has no intention of becoming a site management tool,  but you can use it as such for a basic site.  If you obtain a public link for your note,  that is the permanent address of that web page.  If your page lists public links to other notes,  you have a basic website.  Share the first page URL with your readers and they'll have access to everything you add to that page now and in the future.  If you want to limit access you can do that through sharing some pages to email addresses only,  but you have to administer any changes.

Archived