Questions About Sharing a single note

emre

Hi, I'd like to know more about sharing notes unfortunately I couldn't find relevant answers on Knowledgebase.

Things I'd like to know:

• Do I have to be plus or premium user to share a note, receiving party is not Evernote user they need to see the note itself not a login page.
  • I annotated a single page on a PDF document, then shared this annotation note. I tried to access this note from a web browser that I haven't logged in as Evernote user. Result is disastrious. It's loading entire PDF file (24Mb) and my annotation shown on top of it. How can I share only my annotation not the entire pdf? Ps. It's also not showing the annotation or PDF by default, showing an attachment icon and then the note is visible: iIjzgwe.png
  • If I go plus or premium, can I disable Evernote related messages shown to receiving party? Such as login page, pop-up message etc. Example: RDT4oqz.png

Thank you.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, emre said:

Do I have to be plus or premium user to share a note, receiving party is not Evernote user they need to see the note itself not a login page.

You can create a public url to a note, and provide that to the receiving party. 
Using the link, they will see the note in their browser; no login page
My understanding is that this is available to all account tiers

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, Drold said:

It doesn't work.  They can't send an email with a link to share.  It's pathetic.  A stereo with no sound.  A car without wheels.  A WAIST OF TIME!!!!!

Please post to one thread at a time...

8 hours ago, DTLow said:

You can create a public url to a note, and provide that to the receiving party. 
Using the link, they will see the note in their browser; no login page
My understanding is that this is available to all account tiers

PLEASE TELL ME WHERE!!!!

Huh?  I'm trying to share a notebook.  Source URL?  I still dont know how you got there.  This should be like send for an email.  Not hidden in some unconnected card view, expanded view, side list view.  Seriously?  You don't see the problem with this?

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, Drold said:

Huh?  I'm trying to share a notebook.  Source URL?  I still dont know how you got there.  This should be like send for an email.  Not hidden in some unconnected card view, expanded view, side list view.  Seriously?  You don't see the problem with this?

Sorry, I posted the wrong image - I corrected my post

I have no problem with this.

>> I still dont know how you got there.
I right clicked on the note

>>I'm trying to share a notebook.

This discussion is about sharing a single note
To share a notebook, I would right click on the notebook

Ok can you direct me to the page where someone can't share a NOTEBOOK?  Right click?  How does one right click on an iPhone?  Why is this not listed with the share button?????? I'm I the only person that thinks software should have some sense of logic and common sense?  AND NOT IT DOESN'T WORK FOR A RIGHT CLICK EITHER!  But this is such a fun conversation about what should be as simple as tying ONE'S SHOES!!!!!!!

My GOD the reason this idiot companies get away with this ***** is because you all just accept such stupidity!  You think it's fine that I got to learn some Wicken spell book to do basic commonly associated functions that should be FING OBVIOUS!!!!!!!  Turn around three times yell 'I'm a follower' and clap five times and you can share a NOTEBOOK!

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 4.21.02 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 4.21.20 PM.jpg

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Drold said:

And the SHARE STILL DOESN"T WORK!!!!!! 

Thats it for you  @Drold 

Your conduct has been reported and hopefully shortly your posts and userid will be erased

7 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Thats it for you  @Droid 

Your conduct has been reported and hopefully shortly your posts and userid will be erased

Good I reported you for your incompetence.  Hopefully you will be demoted from 'guru' since you are far from a 'guru'.  I have no such set up on MY MAC!  This is obviously a software problem just like I said.  I have NOTHING like the view you do.  There are NO such options with MY EVERNOTE!  Which means EVERNOTE has different ways of accessing NOTEBOOKS and not ALL of them have the OPTION for public link.  Which would mean the FAILURE is with EVERNOTE to have consistency between functions in various modes of their own software.  What's the difference?  I don't have a clue.  But I'm not a fake 'GURU' wasting other peoples time unable to give real answers.  I don't pretend to know something I don't have a clue about.  Your page and my page are VERY DIFFERENT and I'm on a Mac.  Besides functionality should EXTEND to all modes or whatever and public link should be an OPTION that is OBVIOUS and AVAILABLE as an INTEGRAL PART of any EVERNOTE type of software!!!!!!!!  This ***** has wasted my time has me mad and disgusted with the lack of help I've been given with a SIMPLE BASIC FUNCTION!

• 4 weeks later...
On June 30, 2016 at 5:23 PM, Drold said:

Good I reported you for your incompetence.  Hopefully you will be demoted from 'guru' since you are far from a 'guru'.  I have no such set up on MY MAC!  This is obviously a software problem just like I said.  I have NOTHING like the view you do.  There are NO such options with MY EVERNOTE!  Which means EVERNOTE has different ways of accessing NOTEBOOKS and not ALL of them have the OPTION for public link.  Which would mean the FAILURE is with EVERNOTE to have consistency between functions in various modes of their own software.  What's the difference?  I don't have a clue.  But I'm not a fake 'GURU' wasting other peoples time unable to give real answers.  I don't pretend to know something I don't have a clue about.  Your page and my page are VERY DIFFERENT and I'm on a Mac.  Besides functionality should EXTEND to all modes or whatever and public link should be an OPTION that is OBVIOUS and AVAILABLE as an INTEGRAL PART of any EVERNOTE type of software!!!!!!!!  This ***** has wasted my time has me mad and disgusted with the lack of help I've been given with a SIMPLE BASIC FUNCTION!

Based on what I've read, it appears that everyone in this thread and others are trying to get more information from you in order to try to help you. Depending on which version of Evernote you are using, the steps to share may be different, and there are different ways of sharing content. Since it looks like you're using the web interface, I've attached two screenshots to show you how you can share via Work Chat, how you can share via email, and how you can share via a public note link. 

Please respect the users on this forum, this is a community where our users come together to help each other and express opinions, however we will not tolerate abuse or degradation of our users. 

Share via Email or Public Note Link.jpg

Share via Work Chat.jpg

Archived