• Announcements

    • gbarry

      Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

      We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  
gbarry

Changes to Evernote's Pricing Plans

Recommended Posts

Beginning today, the prices for our Plus and Premium tiers will change for new subscriptions, and access from Evernote Basic accounts will be limited to two devices. Current subscribers and Basic users who are using more than two devices will have some time to adjust before the changes take effect. If you are impacted, look for a message from us in the coming days.

See the entire post from Chris here.
For more information about these changes, see our FAQ
For information on how to manage your devices, see our Devices FAQ

UPDATE: 

We're seeing a lot of questions revolving immediately around device management (please check the FAQ above for all device related info). The app will automatically walk you through the process of choosing the devices you want to keep and which ones you want to revoke when you receive the in-app notification about changes to Basic. 

If you want to choose your devices now instead of waiting, you can do so by going to https://www.evernote.com/Devices.action and logging in to your account.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, SFnLS said:

Slowly but surely starting to price yourself out of the market. Not good timing given the improvements being seen in competitive products. 

Yeah but the competitors make money elsewhere, like selling hardware (Apple), ads (Google), software (Microsoft).  Their pricing is quite reasonable. Looking at other services, they don't charge very much.  Slack has a free tier and paid tier, the paid tier is $10/user/month (~ $120/user/year).  HipChat at Atlassian is $2/user/month.

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, J Dubbs said:

Yeah but the competitors make money elsewhere, like selling hardware (Apple), ads (Google), software (Microsoft).  Their pricing is quite reasonable. Looking at other services, they don't charge very much.  Slack has a free tier and paid tier, the paid tier is $10/user/month (~ $120/user/year).  HipChat at Atlassian is $2/user/month.

 

I think I read the increase is for new users...so I think you won't see this price increase.

If that's the case, they'd be wise to state this explicitly. I re-read the announcement and I think you might be right. But it's really not clear.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, joshserrano said:

Same here. Limiting to two devices is insane.

Why?  You can still use it on the web.  So in essence you really aren't limited at all...unless you choose to be. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, elis65 said:

Just (some days ago) renewed the Premium after a while of free account. Now, after this announcement I have a big question: is Evernote in good health? Is it safe to put our efforts to fill our space with contents, thoughts and documents? Please, help! Reassure us!

The CEO did an interview a month or so back and said the company was cash flow positive. The desktop apps let you export your notes that is able to be imported elsewhere. So I don't think your efforts in Evernote will ever be lost even if Evernote falls.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Tracey Smith said:

Don't let the door hit you...geez.

Even with the 2 device limit on free accounts you can still log in and use Evernote web.  If you are that invested in the product data wise then just cough up some dough for a membership...otherwise have fun with Microsoft *****. 

My biggest concern here is android.  I use "share" to evernote a lot from my android devices, much like I use Web Clipper.  Web Clipper is not included in the device limit. But the android device doesn't have a save only clipper ability. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, bbenz said:

If that's the case, they'd be wise to state this explicitly. I re-read the announcement and I think you might be right. But it's really not clear.

I agree and it is a good point that competitiors make money via other avenues.  Personally I think there is NO competition from products like one note.  I get the full One Note Product (all the bells and whistles) free via my employer and STILL prefer Evernote.  Do I like the amount of the price increase...NO.  Am I gonna jump ship and move all my stuff elsewhere because of it...also no.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

 

2 minutes ago, J Dubbs said:

The CEO did an interview a month or so back and said the company was cash flow positive. The desktop apps let you export your notes that is able to be imported elsewhere. So I don't think your efforts in Evernote will ever be lost even if Evernote falls.

Thank you!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, sc44 said:

My biggest concern here is android.  I use "share" to evernote a lot from my android devices, much like I use Web Clipper.  Web Clipper is not included in the device limit. But the android device doesn't have a save only clipper ability. 

I have android phone and tablet and actually never use the clipper on there (even though I'm premium and can).  You can still email content into Evernote and on my S6 that seems to be the fastest option for me anyway and works great.  

Share this post


Link to post
Quote
1 minute ago, Tracey Smith said:

Don't let the door hit you...geez.

Even with the 2 device limit on free accounts you can still log in and use Evernote web.  If you are that invested in the product data wise then just cough up some dough for a membership...otherwise have fun with Microsoft *****. 

I don't use it enough to pay  for a premium account. I have multiple devices that I use as do most people desktop or two, laptop, tablet, and phone. I may clip one clipping per month from each device. I dont use it to store my life just things just things i want to open later, most likely on another device then delete.

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now