"Can't connect to server. Please try again later."

Dear Community,

Since a couple of days, I am not able to connect and login into my Evernote App on my Windows PC. It always says "Can't connect to server. Please try again later." I definetly have internet access. How can I solve the problem. I reinstalled it now several times, but without solving the problem. Evernote runs smootly on my iPhone and on my iPad, so it might not be a problemwith my account. Hope you can help me. Many thanks in advance

Severin

• 6 months later...

I have exactly the same issue.

I don't know what went wrong. It feels as if certain necessary Windows services are "turned off". I am saying so because I have a couple of other software suffering the same problem. However, I am not sophisticated to know where to even start looking. In other words, what are necessary for Evernote to connect? I can browse webpages, use Gmail, watch youtube no problem.

Any suggestions?

Capture.PNG

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sometimes 'can't connect' messages just mean the server is busy - you have 200M other users trying to sync their notes at various times during the day!

In case it is an issue,  check http://status.evernote.com/ to make sure Evernote isn't actually having a moment, and try firing up Internet Explorer in Windows.  A lot of software (including Evernote) uses IE connection settings - because it is the WIndows browser of choice.  (I use Firefox)  If IE works,  Evernote should work.  If IE doesn't work,  start Googling error messages...  ;)

• 9 months later...
  • Level 5*
14 hours ago, ugdias2018@gmail.com said:

sir i am also facing this problem despite i am having very good internet connection ..............i am using windows 7.

Not sure this applies, but there was an issue some time back with Win7 and connectivity.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was having the same issue. The version of the desktop app I had installed was no longer connecting to the server. I downloaded a more recent version of the app and the issue was resolved so a pretty simply fix.   If you logout of the desktop app you have, when you try to log back in, you'll see an error message if you have a similar issue connecting to the server.  If this happens, I suggest you try to update the version of the app you're using.

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5

Hi Folks,

As @NFenton mentioned, updating to the most recent version of Evernote for Windows should address any known issues with sync/connectivity.

If you're on the current version of Evernote for Windows, and are still encountering sync/connectivity issues, please open a new thread for that specific version or feel free to reach out to me.

That being said, I'm locking this thread to avoid redundancy/duplicate posts.

Thanks again!

Archived