hiding the Tags entry on the left panel

Hi,

Does anyone know whether there is a way to completely hide the "Tags" entry (both icon and text) from the left panel?

I'd like to be able to see Notebooks in the left panel, and the Trash icon, but I don't use Tags, and seeing it is just a constant distraction.  I've searched for an answer to this question, but haven't found it yet.  I'm trying to make the Evernote interface as clean and simple as possible for my purposes (I tried Simplenote for that exact reason, but couldn't avoid having its left panel consume a lot of the screen, so am back on Evernote). 

Thanks!

• Level 5*
51 minutes ago, enote_forum said:

Does anyone know whether there is a way to completely hide the "Tags" entry (both icon and text) from the left panel?

Not that I'm aware of, but can't you just collapse Tabs?  You will still see the word Tags but the list won't show.  I tend to keep all left panel items collapsed except for shortcuts which I frequently use.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, enote_forum said:

As per the image below from my Mac; not sure about the Window options
- I can right click on tags for some options
- Also, my tags are in a hierarchy, and produce a small footprint when collapsed

Screen Shot 2016-06-25 at 12.32.02 PM.png

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

As per the image below from my Mac; not sure about the Window options
- I can right click on tags for some options
- Also, my tags are in a hierarchy, and produce a small footprint when collapsed

Screen Shot 2016-06-25 at 12.32.02 PM.png

Neither of those options are available on Windows, where we have three other options instead.

Archived