App icon disappears on restart

Go to solution Solved by Gammaray,

I've used Evernote Android for several years, but recently whenever I restart my phone the app icon has disappeared from my home screen. It's still in the app drawer so I can restore the icon and/or open the app, but this has become irritating. I don't have this problem with any other app. 

Any ideas, please? I'm running Android 6.0.1 (CyanogenMod 13.0) on a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini.

Hello @Gammaray,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums!

It does seem strange that the icon would just disappear from the home screen of your S4 Mini. Have you attempted to reinstall the application from the Google Play Store to see if this still occurs?

Thanks for responding, Matt.

I tried removing and reinstalling the app - a couple of weeks ago, and again today - and the problem persists. 

I've noticed that I have the app in my 'external' SD card. At some point I must have moved it to release space in internal storage, and I'm wondering if that's the cause of the problem. I'll move it back to internal storage to see if that makes a difference, and I'll report back.

• Solution

I've now moved the app back to internal storage, and bingo! the problem is resolved - the icon stays put on rebooting the phone. The app did appear to support storage in external SD card, but it clearly doesn't quite - at least not in this version of Android. That's a pity because it's quite a large app.

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...

This problem has not been resolved.  Many Android users have combined storage where the SD card is used as internal storage and this problem still occurs on these phones.  Also the original poster's problem was not resolved. He had to move Evetnote back to his internal storage. This is not a solution.  You should allow all Android users to move Evernote to their SD card.  This seems like it could be a simple fix as it's just a case of the icon being deleted from the home screen.