Problem: Clipper no longer working on Gmail Messages

JayF

Idea

Beginning yesterday, Webclipper stopped showing the text of an email message to be clipped.  Message is in inbox. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas on what I should try besides restarting Chrome? 

jay

screenshot.png

15 replies to this idea

I tried your suggestionsI am still having this problem using Web Clipper 6.9.   It occurs in both Safari and Chrome, on both my home and work Macs.  

A colleague is having the same problem. Ideas?  

Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 2.21.15 PM.png

I have had the same problem since the last update, in addition to a number of other issues with the web clipper in Gmail.  I notice that this particular issue only occurs when I try to clip an email that I have just sent and accessed via the "view message" link that pops up after you send a message in Gmail.  If I access the message via the "Sent Mail" folder and then try to clip it, I don't get a problem.

Web clipper is way slower in Gmail since the last update, though, and the formatting of the clipped emails in Evernote is very bad.  Not sure what broke with the update, but lots of new problems with clipping from Gmail.

I just found this in a post by undan on Jan 8. It worked for me.

"  I was having the same problem, but was using the "Vertical Split" layout in gmail (small setting dropdown in upper right) - when I switched to "No Split", which displays the selected email in the full window, then the clipper will work and clips the entire email nicely. "

I still have most of these problems.  Clipped sent emails are empty and titled "Undefined" if they are accessed via the "View Message" link that appears at the top of the page in Gmail when an email is sent.  All context disappears from email titles a couple of seconds after activating the clipper.

The formatting of clipped emails from Gmail appears to have been restored.  Anything being done about these other problems?  I have tried all possible layouts, have deactivated all other Chrome extensions, etc.

Archived