Dave-in-Decatur

Can no longer drag text in v. 7.8.2 - FIXED in 7.17.1!

Prior to the recent Android app update to v. 7.8.2, I could select some text in the note editor and then drag it to a new location. I have to cut and paste. The improvements to the editor introduced in 7.8.2 (brought about by using an embedded version of Chrome for Android, according to this post) unfortunately "disimproved" some features (using the Samsung S-pen and highlighting phone numbers as links to put into the dialer). Apparently this is another one. Has anyone else had this experience?

Hi @Dave-in-Decatur,

I haven't seen this, but I will test this on our end to see if it has to do with the new note editor. I will follow-up with you soon.

On 6/27/2016 at 2:48 PM, Matt W. said:

Hi @Dave-in-Decatur,

I haven't seen this, but I will test this on our end to see if it has to do with the new note editor. I will follow-up with you soon.

Thanks, Matt, I appreciate it.

I've now updated to v. 7.9.2, and the problem is still there. Just to clarify my original post, dragging selected text no longer works. The only way to move something is to cut and paste.

• Like 1

Hey @Dave-in-Decatur,

It looks to be related to the changes to the note editor that this no longer functions (like handwriting-to-text with the S Pen as we have been talking about in another topic). I will keep you posted as I find out more.

Evernote introduced a number of copy/paste bugs with Ver 6.0.13.  Most of these seem to be associated with tables, but not all.

Until Evernote releases an update that fixes these bugs. you might try using the Evernote menu Format > Simplify Formatting option on the entire Note to see if that will then allow you to copy/paste as you expect.

Welcome to the forums! Thanks for your suggestion. Just to be clear, though, I'm talking about the Android app (currently v. 7.9.2), not Windows v. 6x. But I did try simplifying formatting in a note in Android, and still no dragging of selected text (cut/copy and paste work fine).

Updating my thread to say that the issue seems to have been resolved. AFAIK, this is not reported in the version notes on Google Play for v. 7.17.1, but dragging text to move it does now work again. Formatting such as font, size, italics, underlining, etc. does not come along, unfortunately; but the text is easily dragged and moved. At last!