Default Note Template/Style?

Is there a way to create a default note template in EN?  For example, I like to have a simple table with several rows and columns.  That way I can keep track of activity of a project.  I hate copy and pasting every time I have a new project.  Also, if there is a way to do this, is it possible to take an email which is sent to the evernote email address and either 1) have the email put into the template (so the table is somewhere in the note) or 2) add certain text to the top or bottom of the new note...all automatically?  Thinking there must be a registry edit or template somewhere?  My thinking is similar to Normal.dot startup file in Microsoft Word.  Thanks!

• Level 5*

On Windows you can drag the template to the desktop and create an ENEX shortcut.  Then whenever you  double-click the shortcut you will have a new project note in your default notebook.

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, csihilling said:

On Windows you can drag the template to the desktop and create an ENEX shortcut.  Then whenever you  double-click the shortcut you will have a new project note in your default notebook.

Why I like being here - I knew this,  but had completely forgotten it was possible (old age affects us all...) and it's the perfect answer to a current situation...  thankyou:)

HMMM ....I too had forgotten this technique...just tried on windows 10 and did not work kept asking what app to open with and EN was not a choice to choose even tho it is on desktop

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, rmw1 said:

HMMM ....I too had forgotten this technique...just tried on windows 10 and did not work kept asking what app to open with and EN was not a choice to choose even tho it is on desktop

Was there a selection option to let you associate EN with ENEX files?  Something like the below.  Click on more apps and work your way to selecting EN.

ScreenClip.png

Yes it showed up but can not find evernote other than evernote touch and I don't have touch screen...I have EN shortcut on screen but cannot get that as choice

• Level 5*

If you click on More apps and scroll to the bottom of the next screen you should see the option to Look for another app on this PC.  Select that and navigate to wherever your EN program is stored, typically.ScreenClip.png

ScreenClip.png

Archived