Evernote adds a space before the dot when pasting formatted text

When I copy text from a text editor which has colored formatting and the text has a dot and I paste the text into Evernote, Evernote adds a space before the dot.

On 6/16/2016 at 11:19 PM, abdu said:

When I copy text from a text editor which has colored formatting and the text has a dot and I paste the text into Evernote, Evernote adds a space before the dot.

Have you considered posting a screenshot? Stating which versions of Evernote and Windows you have could help, too.

• Level 5*

Hi - have you tried 'paste and match formatting'?  If your dot is a bullet,  you could post single lines as plain text and re-apply the bullet from Evernote's own toolbar.  Or you could try the 'insert code block' option if it's available to you.  Evernote doesn't handle code snippets too well outside of that feature.

This text editor is clearly not plain text (with coloured,  bulleted content) so there appears to be a problem copying the formatting - which editor is it?

I don't have ' insert block option'. I like to paste and keep the same formatting. Using Windows 10 and Evernote 6.1.2.2292. It's not a big deal. I just remove the space.

It's an odd behaviour.

evernote.gif

• Level 5*

Fair comment - report it as a bug;  it'll get looked at down the line...  meantime (and provided you don't use extra spaces elsewhere) you could set up a 'find and replace' for your note that will take out any extra spaces preceding a "." - just search for double spaces,  and replace with single spaces.  If it's a frequent issue there are even text expanders like Phrase Express that might allow you to hotkey the process.  (If PE doesn't help,  AHK will.)

Archived