New support webform

All--we've been doing some significant work on the support team to revamp our support webform and make it not only more user friendly but also more informative and helpful overall.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action (required to correctly log into the form options)

Some of the more obvious enhancements: 

• New support question flows that let you be more specific with your issue (and at the same time give the agent more information on your question. Have a technical issue related to audio? You can tell us!) 
  • Additional attachment options
  • Direct content that gives you the most common answer to your immediate question type
  • Banner notifications so we can deliver you helpful tips when we are working on far-ranging issues
  • Links back to this awesome community
  • Chat times in form and more obvious "chat offline" messaging
  • Spot to enter your error when reporting a technical issue

Generally, we were aiming for more flexibility in supporting our awesome users, and this form gives us that ability in spades. We hope you like it, and if you have questions or comments, feel free to let us know below. 

Also: Forum members who happen to have "support" options in your signatures. Don't forget to change them to point to the new one: https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new  https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action (required to correctly log into the form options)

And of course, remember to check out the good ole "support best practices" post for more tips on contacting our support team: 

UPDATE TO POST ABOVE: I erroneously called out the direct support webform link, which, without going through our login page, will not deliver the correct support options to you. 

• Level 5

Sigh... once again, my recurring issue with Evernote's love of their faded gray.

I use two monitors. The Evernote Support entry box is almost invisible in both of them.

Why do the Evernote UI people insist on using the faded gray?
A nice solid black line is so much more user-friendly.

The Support Page is supposed to be for help and not a guessing game.

http://www.evernote.com/l/AAIti-V2cIRN9LAIUq3-VQTTyqdpKnOnhDg/

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I checked in via the new link and as per the dialogue attached,  requested Technical help / Other / User Interface issues.  The instruction is 'please submit a ticket' and I would like to do that (it was only going to be a test to make sure it worked for me) - but HOW do I submit a ticket?  Go through the same process again?  There's no link to take this contact forward!!

Sorry if I'm being dumb,  but I'm only a user... :wacko:

Edit: Just occurred to me that maybe I should sign in first.  Tried that - took me straight to Notes as @Xiver describes.  No ticket access to see here...  I'm thinking you might have a sharp dip in support ticket requests over the next few days...

support_page.png

• Level 5*
On June 17, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Xiver said:

The form does not work for me.  It asks me to log in, but when I log in it sends me to my notes.  When I go back to the form it asks me to log in.

The previous support link still works   https://evernote.com/contact/support/ticket/

I decided to not follow @gbarrys suggestion of
     Forum members who happen to have "support" options in your signatures.
    Don't forget to change them to point to the new one:

Like @Gazumped, I also tried to use the new form to report a bug.  This is what I ended up with

Screen Shot 2016-06-21 at 1.11.01 PM.png

Edited: Typing in the Search Box
and Clicking on Continue gives me this

Screen Shot 2016-06-21 at 1.11.21 PM.png

• Level 5*
On 18/06/2016 at 9:24 PM, grubbs.matt@outlook.com said:

I'm at the same dead end.  Everything in Contact and submitting a ticket loops back to the Evernote Support page (as in the post above) where I fill out the form answering the drop-downs as best I can, then get to the last one and it says "Please submit a ticket"--which is what I thought I was doing.  

Did you try @DTLow's link to the ticket page?  https://evernote.com/contact/support/ticket/

@gazumped and @Xiver: thanks for the feedback and the awesome video. I thoroughly enjoyed both the music and the Evernote account commentary. We've seen some issues with webform access--and that's partly my fault above (will edit for clarity after this post). 

First, and based off user feedback, the "continue" button that appears after searching content is not particularly obvious. While we have a call to action just above the search bar, some users immediately look for a button to move forward without searching. Recognizing that some users will have already conducted their search and won't want to search to get further in the process, we're working on a change to automatically show the support option buttons once you have selected your issue from the drop downs, as well as clear up any confusion we're causing by requiring a search before revealing any buttons. This is what you were running into above @gazumped

Second, the new webform requires that you move through the support login page first to access the correct support options. If you directly go to the form (as I erroneously posted above) you will be treated as a guest, since you didn't move through the login process. @Xiver: that should be the issue you saw. While your login info is being picked up by the SSO, we need you to move through https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action first to deliver the correct support options. 

We're also enabling the Basic user support restrictions that were announced last year through the webform implementation. We're still supporting access and payment issues for Basic users, but will only be supporting bugs in specific escalated circumstances. Premium users have access to chat and email, Plus users have access to email. 

Lastly, we'll be using the old webform for only a little while longer. It's supporting guest access at the moment while we transition guest access to the new webform. It would've been hard to stage and we made the call to ensure guest access was retained, even though having a few different forms is confusing in the short term. 

• Level 5*
On 6/16/2016 at 6:20 PM, gbarry said:

This does not work for me.  I click on the link and I go into a repeating rabbit hole telling me to submit a bug report but no way of doing it, whether I am logged in or not.  Image below.

This however does work.

On 6/20/2016 at 11:47 AM, gazumped said:

Did you try @DTLow's link to the ticket page?  https://evernote.com/contact/support/ticket/

ScreenClip.png

@csihilling and @gazumped: may PM you here momentarily if you're still running into the issue, but are you conducting a search first? The continue button and support options won't appear until after you've conducted a search. That's what we're addressing with the change I talked about above. 

20 hours ago, gbarry said:

First, and based off user feedback, the "continue" button that appears after searching content is not particularly obvious. While we have a call to action just above the search bar, some users immediately look for a button to move forward without searching. Recognizing that some users will have already conducted their search and won't want to search to get further in the process, we're working on a change to automatically show the support option buttons once you have selected your issue from the drop downs, as well as clear up any confusion we're causing by requiring a search before revealing any buttons. This is what you were running into above @gazumped

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, gbarry said:

but are you conducting a search first?

Nope I didn't.  I just tried again and after putting gibberish in the search and it worked fine, got me to the trouble ticket page, thanks.  Not exactly intuitive and I missed your explanation above, oops.

• Level 5*
On 6/17/2016 at 8:02 AM, jbenson2 said:

Why do the Evernote UI people insist on using the faded gray?
A nice solid black line is so much more user-friendly.

The Support Page is supposed to be for help and not a guessing game.

@gbarry:  I totally agree with @jbenson2, the Evernote Support page is very hard to read.

Did you guys recently push out an update to the CSS for your web site?  Everything is now much harder to read, it all has a much lower text contrast. For example, the blog just published today:

EN-Web-Blog-Low-Contrast.png

@JMichaelTX We haven't made any significant changes to the CSS/website. The new webform actually feeds off the core Help Center CSS.  

As of around 5:30pm CST yesterday we removed the search/continue button flow. Selections now automatically show all support options--so that should resolve any confusion around where to go next. 

• Level 5
2 hours ago, gbarry said:

We haven't made any significant changes to the CSS/website.

Several visually challenged Evernote users have pointed out the problem reading Evernote lime-green and faded gray text for years. Your younger marketing employees must think it is cool, but for some of the older customers, it is a royal pain in the butt.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, gbarry said:

@JMichaelTX We haven't made any significant changes to the CSS/website. The new webform actually feeds off the core Help Center CSS.

Whether it has recently changed or not, I guess the important question is:  Can you do something to improve readability, to increase the text contrast, across all of Evernote web sites and products?

Surely you would prefer clear communications over web site aesthetics.  If you message is too hard to read, then we never get your message?  Get it?  :-)

• gbarry unpinned this topic

Archived