iOS 10 - Main thread

cifip

Idea

• Level 5

Hi all,

We're very excited about Apple's announcement of iOS 10 on Monday. As many of you are developers also, you may have already installed iOS 10 on one or more devices. We've started doing the same, but like everyone else we just got our hands on the first Developer Preview build.

There will surely be unforeseen issues with Evernote running on devices with iOS 10 Beta. As well, none of the new iOS 10 features that were announced (save 3D Touch Share Quick Action) are in Evernote yet. We've got developers attending WWDC to learn more about what's new and how we can improve Evernote with the latest Apple Developer tools. Look for new features and improvements in our fall releases following the iOS 10 general availability.

Meanwhile, if you are running an iOS 10 Beta on your device with the latest Evernote for iOS app from the App Store and come across an issue, please let us know in this thread. While we don't support pre-release OSes (developers cannot submit builds to the App Store from a pre-release version of Xcode), we'll try to fix as many identified bugs as possible so that you have a great Evernote experience with iOS 10 becomes officially available.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Cheers,
Chuck

PS - If you do identify a bug using iOS 10 Beta, please note your device model, wifi/cellular connectivity, iOS 10 Beta version, and Evernote app version.

iOS 10 3D Touch Share Quick Action: (Tapping Share allows users to share a link to Evernote in the App Store)

iOS 10 3D Touch Share.jpeg

37 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hey Folks,

We appreciate all of the information and feedback you've provided. I will be reaching out to some of you via Direct Message to try and gather some more information about the issue you've been observing. Thank you for all of your help!

• Level 5
1 hour ago, mjdixon95 said:

Hi Chuck,

Ever sense I downloaded iOS 10 evernote has crashed on my iPad and iPhone everytime I try to open it. I cannot get into my notes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times on both devices and it is still crashing, what can I do?

Hey there,

We'd love to get some information about the issue you're encountering! I'll be reaching out to you via DM.

• Level 5

Hey folks,

I've reached out to many of you via direct messages with further instructions on how to provide us with some more information so that we can further investigate into the issues you're reporting.

We will do our best to address these issues as best we can, as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

To echo everyone above, I am also experiencing crash loops (that occurs at random, but very frequently) ever since i updated my ipad pro to ios10. 

Please advise. Evernote is my primary note taking system in med school right now, and i'm losing/falling behind in my note taking because of this glitch. Thanks.

Hello all,

I'm having the same issue: doing anything —typing a character, opening a note, closing a note, opening a menu— makes the app freeze for 10 seconds or more. Sometimes, it'll just crash. 

This began after updating my iPad Air to iOS 10. All my other apps are working. 

I've restarted the iPad, reinstalled the app, reopened it several times.

Evernote is pretty much useless to me now. And I depend on it. Please advise! 

Thank you!

I am having a few issues following the installation of iOS 10:

(1) When I try typing in a note on my iPhone 5, it takes forever due to an extreme lag time (I start typing and I have to wait about 30 sec for a 5 word statement to fully expand) and I am having a similar issue on my iPad Pro using the apple Pro keyboard.  I have tried to see if it is a general problem, but so far I am having no issue in any other app (e.g., Drafts, Ulysses, Scrivener, etc.).

(2) I have been using the EverNote and OmniFocus integration approach for awhile, but since installing iOS 10 all of my EN classic links have stopped working in the iOS platform (they still work fine in OS Sierra).  I have tried removing and re-installing them, but without any change in performance.

• Level 5

Hi all,

We released v7.17.2 today that fixed a lot of our top crashes - including creating a new note while listening to music. 

iOS v10.0.2 had a fix for iMessage apps that were not loading, so hopefully that helps several of you.

We're investigating the lagging typing issue that some users have encountered, especially on iPads.

Thanks,
Chuck

• Level 5*
On 6/16/2016 at 5:09 PM, cifip said:

We're very excited about Apple's announcement of iOS 10 on Monday.

It is easy to get excited about a new OS update, but that excitement is quickly dampered when existing issues remain unfixed.

Have you guys fixed this GUI gap:

On 6/20/2016 at 1:48 PM, rkapurple said:

Hi Chuck,

Have you guys thought of using TestFlight for betas of Evernote? It appears beta builds of apps can be updated for customers running iOS developer/public betas.  Just a thought.  

Rob

I think (just spitballing here) it's because HockeyRink is cross-platform, which means that they can beta test all different software across different platforms.
https://www.hockeyapp.net/features/

Hello,

Thanks for starting this thread.  I'm running the first build of the public beta on an iPhone 6s.  Evernote keeps giving me reminder pop-ups.  I dismiss them, and they instantly pop back, rendering the app unusable.  Any known workarounds?  Attached is what I see...

Thanks,

Rob

IMG_162722.pdf

• Level 5
2 hours ago, robfrommars said:

Hello,

Thanks for starting this thread.  I'm running the first build of the public beta on an iPhone 6s.  Evernote keeps giving me reminder pop-ups.  I dismiss them, and they instantly pop back, rendering the app unusable.  Any known workarounds?  Attached is what I see...

Thanks,

Rob

IMG_162722.pdf

Hi Rob,

We haven't seen this one yet, so thanks for reporting it. Can you advise which version of the app you are using?

Also, please let us know what happens when you tap View note instead of dismiss. 

Thanks,

Chuck

Wow!  Thanks for the fast response Chuck (on a weekend even:).  I'm currently running on Client Version: 7.15 (345571).  I did try viewing the note instead of dismissing, but it's stuck in the same loop.  For me to recreate the issue, I go to any note with a reminder and fiddle with the date.  Here's a video... https://www.dropbox.com/s/ms82zaoznm31hxk/IMG_5622.MOV.mov?dl=0

Quick updated on reminders issue with iOS 10.  I updated to the latest developer release (Beta 3) to see if the issue was fixed, and now it's actually worse.  Upon opening of the app, the reminder death loop fires rendering app completely unusable.

• Level 5
46 minutes ago, robfrommars said:

Quick updated on reminders issue with iOS 10.  I updated to the latest developer release (Beta 3) to see if the issue was fixed, and now it's actually worse.  Upon opening of the app, the reminder death loop fires rendering app completely unusable.

Thanks Rob. We'll investigate to determine if there is anything we can do prior to the public release of iOS 10.

The reminder that is firing in the video appears to be for a note titled "note" - are you able to remove the reminder from that particular note on iOS or another client? If so, that may help. 

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck, will you guys be pushing out an app update anytime soon?  Updated to iOS 10 Developer Beta 5 and continue to get death loop with reminders.  Right now, Evernote is the only app that's not working for me in iOS 10.

Thanks,

Rob

12 hours ago, stpe said:

Using Evernote 7.15 with iOS 10.0 (14A5309d) on an iPhone 6 (iPhone7,2) the app crashes as soon as the "Downloading headers" message is displayed. Note that it worked previously without problems on iOS 10 - this just appeared. A crash report is attached; Evernote-2016-08-12-144930.crash

On 8/3/2016 at 6:21 AM, Herodesthebig said:

FC, total crash in iOS 10 beta 4

I m using an iPad Air 2

Every time i try to open Evernote it crash

Same here. Totally unusable on iPhone SE, iOS beta 4 and Evernote 7.15. 

Thanks. 

Archived