Note content invisible & inaccessible during sync

I'm running EN 6.7.1 (direct) on a MacBook Pro (OS X 10.11.5). I've been a premium user since 2009, and currently have approximately 28,000 notes. For the last couple of months, sync has been very slow (regardless of wifi speed), and -- more frustrating -- note content has been invisible and inaccessible during sync. This is true for notes that have already been synced to this particular computer for years. If I need something quickly, the only way to get at it is to turn off the wifi on the computer to stop the sync; otherwise, I have to wait for the sync to complete before I can access anything. Note previews, at least, are available during sync, so I know what I'm waiting for. Is anyone else seeing this? 

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, jrcchicago said:

I'm running EN 6.7.1 (direct) on a MacBook Pro (OS X 10.11.5). I've been a premium user since 2009, and currently have approximately 28,000 notes. For the last couple of months, sync has been very slow (regardless of wifi speed), and -- more frustrating -- note content has been invisible and inaccessible during sync. This is true for notes that have already been synced to this particular computer for years. If I need something quickly, the only way to get at it is to turn off the wifi on the computer to stop the sync; otherwise, I have to wait for the sync to complete before I can access anything. Note previews, at least, are available during sync, so I know what I'm waiting for. Is anyone else seeing this? 

Same here, but not as long a delay (7000 notes).  I'd recommend opening a support ticket.

• Level 5*
On June 15, 2016 at 8:20 AM, jrcchicago said:

For the last couple of months, sync has been very slow (regardless of wifi speed), and -- more frustrating -- note content has been invisible and inaccessible during sync.

For my part, I opened support Ticket # 1678982
<response to follow>

I've also moved this discussion to the feedback forum where it can be better addressed.  
Please indicate your support by using the voting buttons in the upper left corner Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 8.24.44 AM.png

• Level 5*
On June 16, 2016 at 8:23 AM, DTLow said:

For my part, I opened support Ticket # 1678982
<response to follow>

This was the recommendation from Evernote support and seems to have resolved my problem

At this time, I would like us to try rebuilding the applications database to see if this will help with the slowdown and the application not loading up the notes during sync.

To rebuild your Evernote for Mac database, follow these steps:

Export unsynced notes and/or local notebooks (if you have any):

1. Select all unsynced notes, or each local notebook, then right-click and select Export Notes…

2. Choose 'Evernote XML Format (.enex)' next to Format, then Savethe file to your desktop

• Detailed instructions here

Move your existing Evernote database:

1. Open Evernote for Mac

2. Select Evernote > About Evernote

3. Press and hold the Option key and select Open database folder(keep this folder open)

4. Select Evernote > Quit Evernote from the menu bar

5. Move the numbered folder from the database folder to your computer's desktop

• If you have more than one numbered folder, move each one

6. Open Evernote and log in to your Evernote account

Evernote will download all of your synced notes from the servers and create a new database on your computer. You can then import any exported notes by selecting File > Import Notes from the menu bar.

On June 28, 2016 at 11:53 PM, jbhbah said:

Rebuilding the database seems to have solved the problem for me as well.   On both my iMac and MacBook Air.

Well i spoke too soon!  A week later both of my Macs are right back where they were.  Only much worse than before.  Perhaps my 25,000 notes is stretching the indexing limits of the program??

Same problem here. Plus sync is starting very frequently - as in after I type a couple of words - even though it's set to sync every fifteen minutes.

I haven't tried anything yet, since that rebuild/resync sounds time-consuming and doesn't seem to help anyway.

Around 20K notes.

Very frustrating problem!  Out of desperation I found the only solution was to downgrade to version 6.6.1 (Evernote_RELEASE_6.6.1_453372.dmg).  Required a complete uninstall of 6.7.1.  FWIW I used AppZapper to do the uninstall.

Now I am happily back to the old, responsive Evernote I came to love and then so sorely missed ツ
  • 3 months later...

Thought I would try the latest release and installed Evernote_RELEASE_6.10_454267.dmg.  Result = a bit better than version 6.7.1 but the SAME problem still exists!  Uninstalled 6.10 & reinstalled 6.6.1.   Now, just like back in July, I am happily back to the old, responsive Evernote.   VERY FRUSTRATING!

Archived