Resize PDF when viewing inline in a note

I can have pdf show inline or, as an unopened attachment in a note. I can open the note in a separate window and try to read the pdf inline without opening a new program to read it. The problem rises that while the text is the correct size in the new window of the note, the pdf is shown very large inline this means I can see only a third, or half of the pdf in full screen mode in the new window of the note. So, I cannot comfortably read it. Is there a way to resize the pdf while it is shown inline? If there is no such feature now can I expect a feature to be added for this?

Plus, I think it would be easier if we could annotate the pdf while it is shown inline without having to open a new window for annotation every time. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  It's always useful to say what devices you're using when posting - sometimes features are available on one device that aren't available on another. 

We're a user-supported forum,  though Evernote staff do drop in from time to time,  but we don't know,  and they don't (usually) say,  anything about features and timescales.  Keep an eye on new updates for your device(s) and you'll know if/ when this becomes available.  You could also raise it as a feature request on the feedback page for your particular OS.

Annotating a PDF is a bit more complicated than editing text in a note,  so I don't know how practical it would be to allow inline annotation.  I don't think it's something that a lot of users would require - but then again you could assess the support from a feedback page,  which includes a voting option.

• Level 5*

PDFs tend to expand to the width of the window in which you are view them inline.  So all you can do at this point is change the note window size.  AFAIK.

• 1 year later...

> I don't think it's something that a lot of users would require 

You don't think a lot of users would want to resize a PDF?

I'm trying to resize PDFs in evernote and there's literally no way to do so. I'm gonna have to use a different program to look at all my data, sadly.

• 3 weeks later...

I also would like this feature. I use it as a way to note class notes, and homework. I would like to be able to note of to the side also, similar to OneNote. This is not a jab at Evernote, like I want it to be like OneNote. I transitioned to Evernote for a reason. OneNote is an imposing application, and always put a strain on my MacBook Pro.

To help everyone else I have a way to do something similar to what I want. I add two side by side cells and put the PDF insert and type in the other cell. It may require me to hit return multiple a bunch, but it works for now.

image.thumb.png.ef51836141b8a504ba8950380e8235e0.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2017 at 9:48 AM, Vega said:

To help everyone else I have a way to do something similar to what I want. I add two side by side cells and put the PDF insert and type in the other cell. It may require me to hit return multiple a bunch, but it works for now.

Sticking the pdf in a table cell works great for me, thank you! I'm using a 1 cell table and pasting the PDF in there. Then I can resize it to whatever size I want.

• 10 months later...

I would like the ability to resize inline PDFs as well, just as I'm able to resize inline jpg, png, etc.

Thanks for the tip on creating a 2x1 cell. This cell trick I used back in the dark ages before the ability to resize embedded images.

Hopefully inline PDFs will moved out of the dark ages like images do. PDFs are very useful for reducing the size when trying to store text.

I can? I can! I just discovered I can by right-clicking and then selecting "zoom-in" and "zoom-out". I'm on Evernote Version 7.2.3 on OSX. I didn't realize this functions the same as the "resizing in inline view" feature I was after since it's behavior is different to resizing inline images. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
On 10/12/2017 at 10:18 PM, Vega said:

I also would like this feature. I use it as a way to note class notes, and homework. I would like to be able to note of to the side also, similar to OneNote. This is not a jab at Evernote, like I want it to be like OneNote. I transitioned to Evernote for a reason. OneNote is an imposing application, and always put a strain on my MacBook Pro.

image.thumb.png.ef51836141b8a504ba8950380e8235e0.png

Works like a charm! Thanks!