Syntax to search main notebook for text "at&t" doesn't work

Here is my search string in the current version of the OS X app to help me find notes about my AT&T wireless account

notebook:main "at&t"

It's returning hundreds notes which unfortunately do not contain the text"at&t" . Obviously my search syntax is wrong. Can anyone help me with this? 

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, TheGooch said:

Here is my search string in the current version of the OS X app to help me find notes about my AT&T wireless account

It's returning hundreds notes which unfortunately do not contain the text"at&t" . Obviously my search syntax is wrong. Can anyone help me with this? 

I can confirm this - I got over 2000 hits
Sorry - I don't have a solution

My preference is to use tags.  The search feature is useful, but not always precise.

Here's some of my findings

First off, symbols are dropped in indexing and searches, so the & won't be used.

I'm finding the OCR is causing a problem
- I see it detected "at" in some of my images.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, TheGooch said:

Issue is that the & is not searchable in EN.  The hits you are getting are most likely for "at t", blank inserted by EN where the & was.  You can try and refine the search if there is another bit of text that might repeat in most of the notes.  Your account number is usually a good thing to try.  Or you can try an intitle:"at t" search if you put AT&T in the title of those notes..

This is where tags come in handy.  You can tag your AT&T account notes with AT&T.  My method, FWIW.

On June 12, 2016 at 2:17 PM, csihilling said:

Issue is that the & is not searchable in EN.  The hits you are getting are most likely for "at t", blank inserted by EN where the & was.  You can try and refine the search if there is another bit of text that might repeat in most of the notes.  Your account number is usually a good thing to try.  Or you can try an intitle:"at t" search if you put AT&T in the title of those notes..

This is where tags come in handy.  You can tag your AT&T account notes with AT&T.  My method, FWIW.

I agree with the importance of tagging. In fact, I was searching for untagged AT&T notes so that I could tag them! 

Archived