Can't edit a bullet list on Android, Evernote 7.8.2

I've had several editor problems on Android over, say, the past year, but this is the first time I'm posting, so I'll restrict myself to the current problem.

I use the Mac app at home; I'm currently at OS version 10.10.5 and Evernote version 6.7.1.

I created a note on the Mac that is basically one long bullet list. When I try to edit, I get a message that says "This note contains some unsupported formatting". When I hit '?', I get a msg saying, "This version of Evernote does not support inline editing of webclips. Tap each individual part to edit the content." But there were never any webclips in this note.

I find myself wondering whether the "unsupported" functionality is strikethroughs. But these are supported on the Mac and in the Browser, and since Evernote is supposed to be cross-platform, it seems to me this should be supported. Certainly, the strike-through items on the bullet list display properly on Android. 

I can alter an item in the bullet list, but cannot add one, change indentation level, and so on.

I don't think I had this problem in the past, though I did have other problems. These got fixed over time, but there have been fairly long periods (weeks, at least) when I couldn't work on Android, and moreover when an attempt to do so corrupted the formatting of the file even on the Mac. It appears that another such period is beginning.

This is rather disheartening. Evernote is a good app in several ways, but it does not inspire confidence that the basic functionality is not rock-solid. If it were, I'd be willing to pay for even the basic functionality.

Hello @Peter Shenkin,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums. With the latest version of the Evernote application on Android (Evernote version 7.9), it has the updated note editor to support strikethrough text, subscripts, and more formatting options that were previously just on the Evernote applications on desktop or through the Evernote website. Please check the Google Play Store for an available update on your Android phone.

I hope this helps and please let us know if you have any further questions.

Archived