Filter a search, after using Any:

I read this: https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php

Still not sure if this can be done, I want to look for notes that have either of 3 tags, let's say tag:car tag:blue tag:minivan

With that result set, I want to filter it, so that I only see the notes that contain the text phrase "really fast" (not the tag really-fast, but text found inside that note)

Also, if that's possible, I'd like to continue filtering again, by hiding/not including the notes that are of type web.clip

I tried using -source:web.clip, but it seems to want to include that with the "any" vs understanding what I really mean..

I've explained this as a series of steps so it's easy to digest. I understand the answer, the search query itself, is probably one long *thing..

Any thoughts appreciated,

=: s

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, lfchords said:

With that result set, I want to filter it   ....

The only way I can see of doing this on my Mac/iPad, is to apply a temporary tag to the first result set

I then start a new search using the temporary tag and and new search terms.

This is how I workaround the search All/Any limitation.

Does the following not work? I seem to get what I expect when I use this.

tag:car tag:blue tag:minivan "really fast"  -source:web.clip 

In my Evernote using 

tag:Evernote tag:search "video" -source:web.clip

Gave me the one note that contained the two tags and the word video but was not clipped from the web

ENsearch.jpg

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Does the following not work? I seem to get what I expect when I use this.

tag:car tag:blue tag:minivan "really fast"  -source:web.clip 

I I think you're missing the op's first requirement: I want to look for notes that have either of 3 tags, let's say tag:car tag:blue tag:minivan

You are retrieving notes with all the tags

Your search should start with      any: tag:car ....

13 hours ago, DTLow said:

I I think you're missing the op's first requirement: I want to look for notes that have either of 3 tags, let's say tag:car tag:blue tag:minivan

You are retrieving notes with all the tags

Your search should start with      any: tag:car ....

You're right. In which case I think your temporary tag strategy is indeed the way to go.

Archived