A Goal Management System for Evernote

I have reviewed a variety of Task Management systems, methodologies, and tools for implementation using Evernote. I have even adopted some aspects of these systems (like Getting Things Done and The Secret Weapon) into my own daily planning with Evernote. These systems are well-thought out and masterly designed and implemented with Evernote.

But, it strikes me that there is a fundamental risk with these systems. That is, they can cause a person to be focused too much on the short term. They are excellent tools to help a person manage his/her daily tasks, or perhaps what needs to be accomplished over the next week, or perhaps how to manage a project over the next month or so.

But, the potential negative outcome of such systems is that  person may not be spending enough time on the things that really are important to him/her. It's the proverbial problem: "You can't see the forest for the trees!" --- You may have mastered what you do from day to day, but you could eventually end up in Bolivia when you originally wanted to end up in New Zealand. 

So, I created a public Notebook for developing longer term goals. It provides a methodology / tool to help you shift your focus away from the "means" (tasks) and to the "ends" (goals) and provides you with a way to implement it using Evernote.

You can access the public Notebook at https://www.evernote.com/pub/analyst444/gms-goalmanagementsystem

When you link to the Notebook, read the Note titled "GMS - Introduction / Concepts   (Read this first.)"

If you try it out, please give me some feedback. Let me know of any fixes or enhancements you would suggest or questions / comments. 

You are welcome to contact me directly at JWGrant@AOL.com

Jim Grant
Twinsburg, Ohio, USA 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Analyst444 said:
I created a public Notebook for developing longer term goals. It provides a methodology / tool to help you shift your focus away from the "means" (tasks) and to the "ends" (goals) and provides you with a way to implement it using Evernote.

You can access the public Notebook at https://www.evernote.com/pub/analyst444/gms-goalmanagementsystem

When you link to the Notebook, read the Note titled "GMS - Introduction / Concepts   (Read this first.)"

If you try it out, please give me some feedback. Let me know of any fixes or enhancements you would suggest or questions / comments. 

You are welcome to contact me directly at JWGrant@AOL.com

>>You can't see the forest for the trees!

I was always too busy dealing with the alligators ; as in   When you're up to your ass in alligators, it's easy to forget you came to drain the swamp.”

Your post had some good advice, but there didn't seem to be much of an Evernote relationship.  For posting in this forum (Evernote General Discussions), I would have liked to see Evernote process steps for GMS

Archived