soralsokal

Internal Note Links/ Inline Tags / Create Anchor Points in Notes

Idea

I found plenty of article and tutorials on table of content. But they all seem to only consider it for many notes.

I would link the table of contents to be in one note only. Anyone know if thats possible?

• Like 2

On 11/30/2015 at 9:34 AM, agroppi said:
Hi

After few days with eatags, I give up

Not convenient at all 

Nothing is ever convenient about using EN. Too many work arounds. Yep, sucks that EN still does not have this feature. This is why it's hard for me to take EN seriously. Did it not occur to the developers at all that people may want to do research in EN?! I use EN for this purpose and I use one note for my conclusions and commentary on research from other notes I keep in EN but it's a pain having to scroll through the note when it would be much easier just to have a TOC for the note itself. 

• Like 2

I'm using Evernote more and more to build systems documentation and having the ability to link to an anchor Evernote would be tremendously helpful.  I'm surprised this functionality was not included from the start.  I'm not interested in work-a-rounds or having to edit the raw files to add this manually, it's simply to cumbersome.

+1 - Add URL Anchors to Evernote.

Thanks

I have posted this as a feature request in a feedback forum.
Please indicate your support by uprooting the request

As I mentioned in the above posts already, I really need this feature. How can Google implement it in such a tiny tool like Keep, but EN is unable to handle it?

2 minutes ago, Zsolt.Juhasz said:

How can Google implement it in such a tiny tool like Keep, but EN is unable to handle it?

I was not aware that "EN is unable to handle it".
I thought it was a priority thing, hense my posting the request so it can by voted on.

+1 please add anchors or some sort of visual shortcuts. Need that to navigate large notes.

See https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/96782-feature-request-inline-tags-create-anchor-points-in-notes/ and please click there to support the request.

(Probably been said before in this or the other threads,  but my way to navigate large notes is not to have them.  Treat note titles like chapter or paragraph headings and split the whole thing into several notes held together by a Table of Contents note..  just sayin')

11 hours ago, gazumped said:

(Probably been said before in this or the other threads,  but my way to navigate large notes is not to have them.  Treat note titles like chapter or paragraph headings and split the whole thing into several notes held together by a Table of Contents note.. 

That is a workaround that many of us have been using.  But it is NOT a real replacement to having anchors/bookmarks in the same note.

Even for relatively short notes (2-3 pages/screens) this would be a great help, a great feature, to have a TOC at the top of the note, with links to details lower down in the same Note.

Kudos.

How come that evernote, a platform that offers extensive presentation modes, chat features and an Atlas(what?) does not support a seemingly basic operation like inline table of contents. To put things in perspective, how should i navigate a book with 500 pages if i had no table of contents? My two cents, very slowly, just like navigation in evernote right now without this feature.

Please add this as a free or premium feature, i don't mind paying for this.

Thank you.

Don't forget to vote for this feature here.
It's been two years since the original request now...

• Like 1

It's been two years since the original request. I hope we will get a chance to see this feature...

It's difficult to navigate very long but important notes without this feature, that would allow use to make a clear table of content.

If you are familiar with Markdown, consider using marxi.co (http://marxi.co/) which allows you to easily include a Table of Content with the command [TOC]. Each entry in the Table of Content will be a header created with the #, ##, ### commands.

9 minutes ago, connies123 said:

Has anyone used this program? Good? Bad? Worth money?

I haven't used it but I was looking at the addon yesterday and if I understand correctly, I would have to uninstall version 6 for Windows, reinstall version 5, install Evernote Batch and then upgrade to version 6 again. Really? Seriously, that is ridiculous. I'm going to pass.

1 hour ago, connies123 said:

Has anyone used this program? Good? Bad? Worth money?

I paid for it when I was on EN5 and it wasn't such a sweat to downgrade,  install and then re-upgrade.  No idea why that's required. but it was necessary to get the app working.  Since then there have been several upgrades and I've used it for various batch changes and to use background color in notes.  The safer option to get a table of contents in a note is to split the heading level into separate notes and use Evernote's ToC feature to tie them together in one parent note. 

If you have lots of notes to process however,  and the other options available seem useful...

• Like 1

This is a feature that has been requested a number of times, for instance in this thread:

and in this one:

If you go to that second one, you can click on the upward-arrow at the top of the page to vote up the suggestion. Or if that's not what you're thinking of, you could create a new suggestion topic in that Windows Desktop Product Feedback forum.

• Like 1

For a reference tool not to be able to cross-reference is a serious weakness. When I take notes that refer to protions of other notes, I want to be able to link to the cited portion, not just the whole note. Being able to embed an anchor (similar to the html # format) would be direct and familiar.

Thanks. (I've voted at the feature request ...)

On 6/10/2016 at 8:23 PM, DTLow said:

Please show your support for the request by voting using the buttons in the upper left corner

575ad5c4ddf75_ScreenShot2016-06-10at7.53.32AM.png.73e803a37bcc8836a777db6c8e4e3c41.png

@DTLow, could we request the Evernote team to increase the vote button size or make it more prominent at least? To be honest, I wasn't aware of this button until scrolling through the +1s and eventually finding your vote posts with the image. I think a lot of new users to the forums tend to miss out on the vote button. I think it should be made bigger or displayed more prominently. I know this statement is not related to this discussion but I do not know where to make this specific request.

Also, I would like this feature to be implemented as well. Voted up!

2 hours ago, ChiragC said:

@DTLow, could we request the Evernote team to increase the vote button size or make it more prominent at least? To be honest, I wasn't aware of this button until scrolling through the +1s and eventually finding your vote posts with the image. I think a lot of new users to the forums tend to miss out on the vote button. I think it should be made bigger or displayed more prominently. I know this statement is not related to this discussion but I do not know where to make this specific request.

You might want to create a separate topic for this request. Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 6.14.32 AM.png

Post An Idea located at the top of the discussion

You could also post your comment in this discussion

• Like 1

+1 for an anchor solution

I would actually like being able to use "headings" like in html.
And have automated "table of content" generation for longer notes, based on headings/anchors

+1 for a TOC-macro

I use Confluence (by Atlassian) for my job, and it has a lot of features in the editor which would be great for evernote as well. Especially the easy insertion of macros. I use the TOC-functionality there a lot...

Currently I'm keeping my notes short, because of I want to be able to link information quickly...
Also see the following topic:

• Like 1

I ditto the feature request here. I use the Jive platform, and they have a sweet TOC function (within a note) that would make my life SO MUCH easier. 

I LOVE Evernote and take all of my "permanent" notes here. I find the formatting generally buggy, however. I've lived with it, but it would be really nice to have an editor that is a little more robust.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

18 hours ago, mamaphd said:

I ditto the feature request here. I use the Jive platform, and they have a sweet TOC function (within a note) that would make my life SO MUCH easier. 

I LOVE Evernote and take all of my "permanent" notes here. I find the formatting generally buggy, however. I've lived with it, but it would be really nice to have an editor that is a little more robust.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Hi.  Always important to click or tap the counter in the top left of this page if you agree.  The higher the count,  the more likely Evernote is to add this feature.  As I write this,  there's one click so far - I'll add another.  Click the button guys....

• Like 3

Links to a concrete part of a note.

My sugestion is just an improvement in note linking, it would be awesome that the links could actually redirect to a specific part of a note. 

Sometimes the notes can become very large, specially if there are several contributors. I guess many people keeps writing on the same notes during long periods of time, extending them. Some examples of when would one do this, are for example:

• A note where you make annotations about a reunion you hold regularly (every week for example).
  • A note where you write your diary.
  • A note where you store funny jokes
  • A note where you store quotes, or interesting websites, etc...

Problem: The current note links only allow to link to the note itself, to the beggining of it to be exact.

Request: It would be nice to make a link to a concrete piece of text inside the note, to make it more accesible. Like the "id" tag in html language, which leads you to a concrete part of the website by clicking on www.website.com/#idtag

Possible solution: The way I would implement this is by making a new type of link which acts like a mirror somehow, connecting two points in two different notes in both directions. Like a button, which could be moved around and treated like regular text, and whenever you press one of them it would lead you to the other one, wherever it is located, and viceversa.

Other aplication of this links would be to make an index in the beggining of the note, to the different sections on it.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313588-How-to-use-note-links-to-connect-between-notes

It is already possible to link connections between notes, but it would be useful for me to link to specific sections of larger notes. When I'm writing something and annotating with citations, linking to the area in the paper which I'm citing (stored as a PDF in another note) would be very useful, instead of having to write something like "scroll to page 4 of this note" where this is the hyperlink.  

This is pretty much a duplicate of the existing feature request here: 

• Like 1

On 02/12/2016 at 7:40 PM, BobbyV_Cali said:

Hi All,

I was going to open a feature request for this exact feature. I've been wanting this for a while and this feature will make my workflow so much smoother. No more scrolling up and down.

When I start a new customer project, I create a note for it. Then I start adding sections to that one note separated by a horizontal bar and a title. A note can become pretty huge. It would be awesome if I can mark the title as a header and then at the top of the note automatically create a table of contents of that note. Just like in Word or Google Docs.

Please add this feature. I've been paying for Evernote for years now and am a huge advocate at my work. Please listen to your customers.

- Bobby

Hi. Why not use a new note instead of drawing a line across an increasingly long and unwieldy document,  and link all the notes for one client/ project together with tags <myclient> and <project>.  Then you can list all projects per client,  and/ or all notes per project and create a ToC note that will take you to any single note.  That feature already exists.

• Like 2

I understand what your describing, but it just a sounds like a lot of work. I don't want a different note for what would be a different section in my note. 

For example, say I'm working on a software project, one section might be how to build the software project, another section might be how to run the tests, another section can be meeting notes with the customer. Now I could just export that one note and email it to a coworker who needs to work on the same project. If I go note crazy how do I share all that info? Share a bunch of notes? My whole company doesn't use evernote so I can't share a notebook. But I can export to PDF and email 1 note easliy. 

Different strokes for different folks. 

• Like 1

On 2016-12-03 at 8:52 PM, BobbyV_Cali said:

Share a bunch of notes? My whole company doesn't use evernote so I can't share a notebook.

Actually you can share a Notebook via a browser

fwiw  I had to maintain a series of notes like that for a project
My solution was to use public browser links instead of internal Evernote links
The recipients viewed the notes in their browser
When I viewed the notes, it defaults to the browser but it also shows a "View in Evernote" box

Hi.  It is possible to export a public link to a notebook;  so colleagues will see your read-only notes in a web browser if you have created a specific public notebook for that client.

Markdown supports headings and ToCs - naturally built in anchor points.

Please consider voting for markdown too? 

I would love to see the ability to create a note link that jumps me to a place lower in the same note...like the html jump to anchor code in webpages. 

Have heard this desired from others in conversations outside this forum so I'm posting it here to see if it garners any other support. I would LOVE this feature.

+1 to this idea. It would allow much finer-grained control of links between notes, allowing us to jump quickly between sections of notes. 

Another way to do this would be inline tags. Allow us to write #keyword anywhere in the body of the note, and be able to search for these inline tags separately from the note title, note tags, and normal text. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stacey said:

I would love to see the ability to create a note link that jumps me to a place lower in the same note...like the html jump to anchor code in webpages. 

Have heard this desired from others in conversations outside this forum so I'm posting it here to see if it garners any other support. I would LOVE this feature.

Until/if EN implements this, you can use a text expander tool to accomplish this fairly easily on a desktop.  I use PhraseExpress in Windows.  

You can create a phrase containing <doubleclick><Ctrl-C>-<Ctrl-F><Ctrl-V> and assign it a hot key.  I have assigned Alt-Right mouse to mine.  Then when I hover over a word and press the Alt-Right mouse combo focus will jump to the next occurrence of the word in the note.

This works for any word in the note.  So if you format your JumpTo links with an underline and color for ease of access, it will simulate an in-note link.  In the meantime.  FWIW. 

• Like 2

Thanks @csihilling...I'll look into that. I'm on Mac but am guessing there are parallel options. I give it a try while I patiently wait :) 

• Like 1

You are welcome.  If you don't find something you like, I think PE is releasing a beta for Mac.

• Like 1

This is such a clever hack of text expanders. I use one for Mac called aText, but it doesn't have the ability to listen for keys, only text replacement. I've been thinking of switching to a different program for awhile, and this may be the motivation I need to make the jump.

It's pretty annoying having to do a search in the universal search box, then click on a note, than do cmd-F, then cycle through each occurrence in the note. Seems like the most natural thing you'd want to do after doing a global search is see all the specific places it appears.

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 9/14/2015 at 4:51 PM, The Ronin said:

Thank you both very much for your conscientiousness and responses.  I really appreciate it!

The Ronin

p.s.  For you kind Evernote programmers out there, formally integrating bookmarking/embedded header links into a Note would be very useful, please consider doing so.  Thanks.

+1  This is a needed feature...

• Like 2

This thread is open since 2014 and Evernote Dev Team hasn't taken note of this essential feature request.

Wonder why its not been taken up by the developers even after 3 years, when there are soo many threads voicing / requesting this feature.

8 hours ago, pank24 said:

This thread is open since 2014 and Evernote Dev Team hasn't taken note of this essential feature request.

Evernote has not shared their request list, but I'm confident they've taken taken note of this request.

As to which requests they implement, that's another discussion.  It's their product, and I can accept that some requests are rejected or not implemented immediately.  I do indicate my support by adding my vote to the requests I favour

I have some notes that are very long and it can take a while to scroll to an area down below in the note.  I'd like to have the ability to have a link that, when clicked, takes you to a later part within the same note or different location within the same note.

• Like 5

Seconded.

Internal note links is a longstanding request. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, dbr12 said:

I have some notes that are very long and it can take a while to scroll to an area down below in the note.  I'd like to have the ability to have a link that, when clicked, takes you to a later part within the same note or different location within the same note.

In the meantime, awaiting EN implementing the feature or not, you can accomplish this by creating your own hotkeys with a tool like PhraseExpress (hover or click in the link and hit the hotkey).  Or just use Ctrl-F to find the target.

• Like 1

I found the post where I described the PE setup.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, csihilling said:

I found the post where I described the PE setup.

Love it. Going to implement this in AutoHotKey.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tavor said:

Love it. Going to implement this in AutoHotKey.

Yeah, worse case it is a quick find and highlight other instances of a word in a note.  Works in any document actually.  No typing required.  ;)

Anchor points inside notes, and a way to link to them efficiently (from the same note, or external link to note and to anchor) is something I need for evernote. This provides an extra level of information organization. Please in the next update take it into consideration. +1

I need to manage projects with a lot of information, and I really need this thing. 

• Like 1

On 27-1-2017 at 7:56 PM, csihilling said:

Until/if EN implements this, you can use a text expander tool to accomplish this fairly easily on a desktop.  I use PhraseExpress in Windows.  

You can create a phrase containing <doubleclick><Ctrl-C>-<Ctrl-F><Ctrl-V> and assign it a hot key.  I have assigned Alt-Right mouse to mine.  Then when I hover over a word and press the Alt-Right mouse combo focus will jump to the next occurrence of the word in the note.

This works for any word in the note.  So if you format your JumpTo links with an underline and color for ease of access, it will simulate an in-note link.  In the meantime.  FWIW. 

I've read your answer, I get the idea behind it, but I don't understand concretely which software you use to do that and how you do that within the software ? 

I have TextExpander on Mac (5.1.4, before the new "online subscription model"), but I don't think I can do that kind of thing with it.

6 hours ago, Gauthier said:

I've read your answer, I get the idea behind it, but I don't understand concretely which software you use to do that and how you do that within the software ? 

I have TextExpander on Mac (5.1.4, before the new "online subscription model"), but I don't think I can do that kind of thing with it.

Don't know about TextExpander.  The software I use is PhraseExpress, I use it on Windows.  They have a free version for Mac you can find  here.   The actual phrase looks like the below.  With this phrase I hover over the word, Alt-Right Click, and then I can cycle though instances of the word in the note.  Any issues post back and I will help if I can.

ScreenClip.png.cbbb32d25ac5f8357e1eef45f94bde8f.png

Is it possible to implement the link inside post so we could create a small index at the top of the page then we could jump down to the session we want immediately ? 

Thanks. 

There is no support in Evernote for internal note links (what is called an "anchor tag" in HTML). This has been requested before.

And until/if EN implements the feature you can create hotkeys using a text expander to accomplish the task, if you like..

11 minutes ago, csihilling said:

And until/if EN implements the feature you can create hotkeys using a text expander to accomplish the task, if you like..

I like to run Evernote barebones... :) 

3 hours ago, jefito said:

I like to run Evernote barebones... :) 

Yeah, don't have much need for anchors myself, but if one does it would work.  

It's that repetitive keystroke/click stuff that drives me a bit away from bare bones.  I prefer to think of it as bare bones with an after burner.  :P

May be let me explain my case a little bit more.

i am using Evernote shared folder to share all the notes and materials to students.

each lecture will be composed to around 2 notes, part 1 and part 2.

Normally we will have Google Slides for theory based materials and then scroll down for materials with photos and instruction to do some hands on works. 

Sometimes we might need to scroll back up to search for something. If we could have an internal link would help them to do it more efficiently. 

I did think of create several notes to do this job but each lecture would require around 5-6 notes. It would be ok for lesson but it would be confusing when they do assignments / revision later.

i was using WordPress for my lecture notes before, may he need to think again the flow of lesson. 

Thanks 

8 hours ago, kmkonline said:

I am using Evernote shared folder to share all the notes and materials to students.

Are you sure you want to use the Evernote note format for this material
I'm thinking pdf format might be a better choice

I use Pages as my editor, saved as a pdf
I have better control of the word processing features, including Table of Contents (links)

Thank you for the ideas, I used to distribute PDF file in years before I start to put everything in Evernote. 

I understand attaching a Word/Pages/PDF would enhance the format and layout for the materials but student need to open another software.

but it would be an extra software opened during lesson. Now they will only need a Browser to finish everything and everything could be copy and paste easily. 

Thanks again 

Not an in note linking solution in EN today.  Closest you might be able to get would be to split the two notes, cross link all the notes to each other and maybe a table of contents.  Not optimum for sure. 

Hello,

One thing that almost pulled me away from Evernote to Dropbox Paper was the left railing which shows all H1 and H2 titles as a table of contents which I can quickly scroll through for a high level view of my notes, and use to quickly navigate to sections of the note. Google Docs has this as well with their 'outline' tool. 

It's not a new concept and I'm surprised it's missing from Evernote. It would help in reducing the number of notes I need to create just to divide things up nicely -- especially for large, more serious documentation. 

Thanks for your consideration!

Reference: 

https://dribbble.com/shots/2877917-Table-of-contents-in-Dropbox-Paper

https://www.theverge.com/2016/3/9/11187364/google-docs-navigation-outline-tool

• Like 1

does anybody know of any alternatives to evernote where this feature is available? Onenote isn't a good alternative to evernote in terms of saving stuff. What do lawyers use? How do they save and retrieve highlight stuff in pdfs and their docs?

Also when they add the anchor link feature, they should also make it available for pdfs also, where you can navigate to anywhere in a pdf with a link.

+1. Maybe even a preset anchor that's on all notes that scrolls to the bottom. #bottom.

Table of contents WITHIN a note -- i.e., a ToC that jumps to headings created inside the existing note, NOT to other notes. 

(Moving the discussion below to Feature Requests)

• Like 1

Implementing it shouldn't be that difficult for the devs. 
All you have to do is write the note with its Table of Contents in the format below:

<a href="#jamminProductivityOrWhateverIDNameYouWant">PRODUCTIVITY</a> 

<a href="#anotherID">HEADER 2 </a> 

<a href="#andAnother">HEADER 3 </a> 

[...]rest of your document [...]

<p id=PRODUCTIVITY> PRODUCTIVITY <p>

[...]block of text here [...]

<p id=anotherID> HEADER 2 <p>

<p id=andAnother> HEADER 3 <p>

4 hours ago, hype23 said:

Implementing it shouldn't be that difficult for the devs.

I imagine they'll manage to cope somehow,  but there are a few thousand other 'essential' and probably equally easy fixes already in the pipeline.  Which one would you suggest they dump to get to this one next?

Everyday I think more and more about switching away from Evernote. I think soon I'm going to start using google docs for my larger notes since I can add a table of contents there. And if I have to do that then maybe I just move completely to apple notes for my small notes. There is really not much keeping me in Evernote if I can't get the features like this one.

On 2017-10-02 at 1:53 AM, Amorgeddon said:

This is a must have feature.. and a reason why i use word for more complex Notes...

Complex Notes seems like an oxymoron, but it might be based on your definition of a note; example a brief record of something written down

I'd recommend a dedicated word processor for serious writing

I saw this posted on Reddit and it offers a good solution to anchoring to certain parts of a note...

It’s nice that Evernote allows you to link other notes together but sometimes you want to link to a certain spot in that note. It doesn’t matter if it's a long note or a short note, there is sometimes a need to find the exact sentence or even word that you need to link to in that note. But Evernote lacks text anchoring so this becomes really hard and makes searching for what you need impossible at times.

I’ve come up with a solution that I’ve been using for a bit now and it works perfectly. It’s so simple that it will work on just about any note program or Operating System as long as it has search.

The idea is simple. You need a string of text that is unique and never repeats, you place that in the place that you want to find again on that note. So all you got to do is search the note with the unique string of text and you’ll be taken to it in the Evernote note.

The problem is that how do you pick the unique string of text? You could keep an index of all the strings you used but that is cumbersome and annoying. It’s important to not repeat any of the used strings or you’ll end up with many results unless you want to do that as a way to group them but then we have tags for that.

So instead I use Epoch or Unix Time for my string anchor. I go to this website… https://www.epochconverter.com/

With Epoch or Unix Time every second, it’s a different number that won’t repeat and it works perfectly for this. I refresh the site to get a new number and I paste the number in the location I want to remember. Then in the current note, I put that time stamp in there and say search to find that note and that location. I’ll add an “a” to the beginning of the time stamp that stands for the anchor so that when I search I don’t get the current note I’m working on and I only get that one single note and it’s location in that note. If you share a computer or a notes program you can do your initials instead of the “a” to make finding your locations easier.

Example of Epoch Time: 1507813587

How I put it in the note that I want to refer back to: (a1507813587)

All I do to find that note again is search “a1507813587” and Evernote search takes me right to that spot in that note.

The great thing is that it works on any program that has search like Apple Notes, Bear, iA Writer, and so on. Even works on the Operating System too if you want to use Spotlight or Windows Search to find that note.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

+1 

Is this Solved ?

Anchors is very much needed. At first I thought I just couldn't find the function, But now I am afraid it is missing ?

On 2017-11-04 at 7:51 AM, Ulf Bohman said:

At first I thought I just couldn't find the function, But now I am afraid it is missing ?

Correct, this function is not supported in Evernote; which is the reason for this feature request
You can indicate your support using the voting buttons in the upper left corner of the discussion

My notes tend to be brief but I was able to implement "anchors" in a word processing document attachment to a note

Would be useful for lengthy notes and clips from the web clipper. When clipping long notes with various headers, you could be allowed to place the text cursor and then click the ToC icon in the "style toolbar" to generate a ToC exactly where you want it to be placed.

I don't know how long we have been waiting for this feature to happen. I don't understand why this has still not been implemented, it has been asked for multiple times by several users in this forum, like we can see in this old thread: 

It cannot be that hard Evernote? It appears that the layout is already in place on the HTML for implementing this, so why have you not given us this very useful function?

It is a pain to administer a long note used for investigative purposes in Evernote because we don't have the ability to create an internal TOC inside a note. This is one of the main reasons I use Evernote, to gather information about a specific topic and register it in one note. You cannot expect that we use a notebook for every topic we investigate so that we can use the TOC function that is available today and only works for indexing separate notes?

I do not want to use cumbersome third party services like the ones described in that old forum thread for creating TOCs within a note, this services never integrate seamlessly with Evernote and require that you give them access to your Evernote credentials, something that I don't feel comfortable with as I also have sensitive information on some of my notes.

What do we have to do to get this implemented? I have been a premium user for more than 3 years and really hope that Evernote could listen to their customers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi.  I understand your frustration,  but while Evernote does listen to its customers, this is only one of several platforms from which they get feedback,  and their current 'to do' list is probably a couple of thousand items long.  They're fixing bugs,  improving key systems where Support requests indicate they're not working properly,  and introducing or developing new features so that they can maintain their position in the marketplace.  User requests for extra bells and whistles also get in there,  but they have to be requests that benefit a big section of their audience.  Your suggestion may be too niche for them to give it a high priority.

Evernote don't do anyone any favors either,  by steadfastly not responding to this sort of exchange.  They won't (in most cases) confirm whether or not they're working on it,  or have dismissed it as too specialist.  I understand why - they don't want to give competitors advance notice of new features so they can start developing their own versions quickly.  But it is annoying.

I've developed a different workflow for my own research,  which works pretty well - I keep my notes short,  often one clipped page or photo long,  plus my own comments.  Multiple notes per project are tied together because I have a 'project control note' which lists a standard title format for each note.  I'll use yyyymmdd - project name - clip source - content keyword(s) as the title,  and have a saved search for intitle:"project name"

Each time I run the saved search,  I generate my current table of contents for the research and can instantly see my notes in date order. (The sort is saved for that search)

When I'm generating a report on something I'll do something similar,  this time with a title yyyymmdd - project name - report - content keyword(s).  I can run my search as intitle:"project name" intitle:report to see a list of report sections.

I can use the Evernote Table of Contents feature to produce a note containing my list as links,  and then use cut and paste to change the order if I need to.

Not sure that's a 'work around' as such - I find it much easier working with small notes;  multiple notes can be open as individual windows,  and editing is easy and quick.  Even if Evernote introduce direct links immediately* I probably wouldn't change my process.  It passes the most important test: it works for me!

* I should note that while Evernote don't usually comment on work in progress,  they once - embarassingly - did post a couple of days after I said to someone "there's no way they're ever going to do this" to say "That <new feature> will be included in our next release".  Which is why I now carefully say they don't (usually) comment...  It also means you never know whether or not your requested feature will be in the next release.  I'm in the Beta programs for just that reason.