soralsokal

Internal Note Links/ Inline Tags / Create Anchor Points in Notes

Idea

I found plenty of article and tutorials on table of content. But they all seem to only consider it for many notes.

I would link the table of contents to be in one note only. Anyone know if thats possible?

• Like 3

Hi.  AFAIK this is not possible;  you can link to notes,  but not to headings,  or bookmarks.  You could set up keywords at various points in a document and jump with searches - but that's not embeddable in a document.  You could also use a document type that includes this sort of linkability - Word documents or PDFs for example - and attach that to your note.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi All,

You may have noticed that all threads requesting Inline Tags/Anchor Points have been merged into this thread, regardless of platform specificity.

(This is a separate request from the ability password protect the Evernote App itself)

This was done in order to better enable us to quantify and qualify user requests, and amplify their voice.

While this does not mean this is a feature that will be coming, we certainly want to relay user feedback/sentiment to our various teams.

Moving forward, please put all commentary and votes for Inline Tags/Anchor Points here!

hello team Evernote - you do realise that OneNote allows linking to individual paragraphs not just between notes...? MS are doing a great job of marketing to non-profits spreading themselves through all sorts of nooks in society. You need to make a better job of responding to this kind of request when the competition has already got it covered to the max.

• Like 2

Hi All,

I was going to open a feature request for this exact feature. I've been wanting this for a while and this feature will make my workflow so much smoother. No more scrolling up and down.

When I start a new customer project, I create a note for it. Then I start adding sections to that one note separated by a horizontal bar and a title. A note can become pretty huge. It would be awesome if I can mark the title as a header and then at the top of the note automatically create a table of contents of that note. Just like in Word or Google Docs.

Please add this feature. I've been paying for Evernote for years now and am a huge advocate at my work. Please listen to your customers.

- Bobby

• Like 8

Please add this feature. Very surprised it is not standard for note taking, projects, planning, and work flows. Please listen to your premium users  Evernote. Thank You! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DTLow said:

I find this to be the best work around in the absence of internal hyperlinks.
. . .

• I can simulate collapsing and expanding sections by using links to sub-documents

Thanks for sharing.

It is a workaround, but, iMO, not a very good one.  Won't work for me.

• It's just like opening up a new web page
  • You can't the the surrounding context of the previous/next section
  • Navigation is cumbersome

Anchors are basic, long-standing HTML behavior.  There's really no excuse for Evernote not to implement.

• Like 3

+1 for anchoring links within the same note.

This would be HUGELY, HUGELY helpful.

I'm amazed at this point this obvious feature does not exist. 

Why waste time and resources on complex secondary features like "work chat" when the basics like this and selective local sync on computers are not covered?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

+1 

Anchoring is such an important, basic feature. Please implement!

• Like 2

Can you explain the "primary sourcen." --

I put everything into evernote (approx 7000 notes). I switched to paperless a while ago. F.e.: my insurance documents, Invoices, Guarantee documents and more are scanned and tagged. So I can find it fast - Thtats what I really love on EN.

But when it comes to "serious" note taking: I suffer each time with the editors possebilities (Tables got better after years), but: Table of Content (like: Confluence), Inline Taggging (like: Google Keep), The way of handling Content (like: Notion.so), Smart Objects (like excerps of notes (Confluence), Emedd videos, google maps and more (like: Notion), automatically updating links and link lists), Nested Searches / Nested Favorites, Smart Searches (where I can change parameters like the date range), Annotations inside of notes (like Confluence, Google Docs), Styles inside of nodes (Headings, Toc, Lists, Collapsable Lists, Anchors, Sub/Sup-Script. The editor in fact is very basic - and copying notes from other sources like web/office offten scramble my content - so I need to fix/align it manually.

Don't get me wrong: I rely on EN, but the UI is extremely outdated by it's capabilities (in comparison to other online editors / note taking apps).

So I'm working only "static" on it, but new stuff I put elsewhere (an import it later). - So I changed my workflows to try to get around with thats what's missing in EN.

Searching - or eaven loading offline notes on Android is a pain. It takes partially forever to lead a simple locale text note.

• Like 1

SInce 2014 this idea - inline links/anchors have been asked for.  It is now 2019  Come On Evernote!

• Like 2

The thing with workarounds is that they work more or less, but it is long-winded and after a while it becomes a PITA. But, for the patient & not-fussy, it works & is good enough.

• Like 2

What constantly surprises me about Evernote is that, although it is essentially a digital filing cabinet, they encourage users to use it for other things as well. But they don't adapt it sufficiently to make anything else than a digital filing cabinet.

When I started using EN I became very enthusiastic about it & was constantly looking at ways to extend its functionality. Example: ne of my new passions is journalling, which I started doing in Evernote but because of its poor text editor I now use another app.

So, 1 1/2 years after having embraced Evernote, I have come to the conclusion described in the 1st paragraph & only use it as a (semi)permanent store of my documents & records. Having said that, it is very good for that & things like the Web Clipper & Clearly are the best around. Even OneNote's web clipper is nothing more than a screenshot taker, therefore pathetic compared to Evernote's web clipper.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Juan Luis said:

Links to a concrete part of a note.

If you review this forum, you will see the same request has been posted multiple times.
The request would be better addressed if you add your vote or comment to one of the original requests.
Repeating the request splits the user vote.

Personally, I avoid using long notes.  The definition of "note" usually indicates brief or short.

Regardless, I up-voted the request; voting buttons in the upper left corner 

I came here today to see if anyone had asked for this feature. If not, I was going to start a thread on it.

Upvoted.

While I thank people who gave workaround ideas, they are not as good as having sections within a note you can jump to through links. Separate notes, even with a TOC, are much more unwieldy, especially when it's a document you are constantly adding to. With separate notes, you then have to add each new note to the TOC and then add a back link to the TOC from the new note, so that you can quickly hop between the various "sections". I do this constantly, because it's currently the only way to achieve something close to what I want, but I would much rather have links to take me to different sections within a note.

I've seen similar things on webpages. I think there must be a way to implement this in Evernote.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kd01 said:

With separate notes, you then have to add each new note to the TOC and then add a back link to the TOC from the new note,

I’m not a fan of a static TOC note.  I prefer to use a search to generate a note list. 

If I needed a TOC note I could simply drag the new list into a note

>>I've seen similar things on webpages. I think there must be a way to implement this in Evernote.

Sorry, no ideas and no response from EN on this request
This feature is supported in html and we used to be able to backdoor it into the enml code.  That option is no longer available

On 10/15/2017 at 5:25 PM, BlueLobster said:

How I put it in the note that I want to refer back to: (a1507813587)

All I do to find that note again is search “a1507813587” and Evernote search takes me right to that spot in that note.

The great thing is that it works on any program that has search like Apple Notes, Bear, iA Writer, and so on. Even works on the Operating System too if you want to use Spotlight or Windows Search to find that note.

While your approach is helpful, it does not meet my need to have a table of contents at the top of a note, with links to each section referenced in the TOC to the actual section lower in the Note.

So we still need for Evernote to provide us with true internal bookmarks/anchors that link to text elsewhere in the Note.

• Like 1

Indeed, this is a feature I've been waiting for for a long time.  As mentioned, you see it on web pages, these "quick jump" sections.

I also know about the TOC note with links to other notes, but I don't want to have to skip and jump around all over the place.  That can quickly become distracting, and one of the points of Evernote is to increase productivity.

And yet another one simple feature is not realized. I started to think that user is not the main priority for evernote team. Looking for alternatives..

37 minutes ago, umina said:

This first note in this thread states that Anchor notes is "impossible".  First, are you kidding, anything is possible.

The post was indicating that Anchors are not possible using the existing Evernote editor/format (2015).
It's still not possible using the Evernote editor/format

You're welcome to indicate your support for the request using the voting buttons in the upper left corner.
So far, Evernote has not considered this a priority for notes

• Like 1

Having got used to using jump links to navigate in a variety of docs and notes, it is hard to put up with Evernote's limitation. Increasingly I am having to rely on Evernote's competitors which all seem to do jump link/bookmark navigation rather well. So it can't be difficult to implement.

I feel this is now a necessity that has grown out of more attention to workflow, rather than a 'desirable feature'.

On 4/30/2019 at 12:35 PM, OSPF2Fullstack said:

Any of you know the developer accounts? This needs to be escalated and given proper attention. I LOVE evernote, but this is enough to push me away when my renewal ends. 

You're welcome to indicate your support for this feature.  The voting buttons are at the top left corner of the discussion.

I'm sure the Evernote team are aware of this request.

imoh   Evernote provides an editor that's adequate for basic notes.  For extended features, I use dedicated editors.

22 hours ago, sugoi said:

Could you elaborate a bit on your setup using PhraseExpress? I seems interesting.

Thanks!

PhraseExpress can emulate most of what you do with a keyboard or mouse.  It's simplest task is to insert text with the use a hotkey or phrase.  In addition to simple text creation I use it for reminder maintenance, searches, and other repetitive tasks within EN and email (forwarding/cleanup with addition of notebooks/tags).  Relative to anchors within a note:

1. Create the anchor, _Anchor1 for example, at the point in the note.  I use the _ prefix to create a unique search.
  2. Put the jump of point and a brief description at the top of the note, or wherever you want.  _Anchor1  Description of what is there.
  3. Create a PhraseExpress hotkey, per the above I use Alt+RightMouse.  The hot key is comprised of 
    1. Double click
    2. Copy
    3. Ctrl-F to search in the note
    4. Paste
  4. So whenever I hover over a word and press Alt+RightMouse context transfers to the next occurrence of that word in the note.

I don't have that many long notes so I don't use it often.  Perhaps not the most elegant thing in the world, but it works for navigating within a note. 

• Like 1

Discussions have been merged

In terms of internal links like HTML anchors? Not possible in Evernote at this time.

The interesting thing is that anchors are allowed in the underlying HTML subset that Evernote uses to represent its note contents. But no Evernote client that I am aware of takes advantage of that, at least so far.

soralsokal

It is possible usings special tags.

see in https://eatags.com/

I don't have time to look at it extensively for the moment, but if it does what I think it does, this feature will be a HUGE help for me and many others who have been wanting the ability to have a CLICKABLE Table of Contents in long Notes with large amounts of text. I wonder why it hasn't been mentioned in the 6 or 7 months I've be active on the forums? I can especially see it be most beneficial for students with their study notes!

I'll be testing it out as soon as I can and will report my findings in a new thread. However, that could mean as little as a day or two or as much as a few months. I can't make definitely plans for anything as my body frequently refuses to cooperate (MS), so if someone else wants to take on, please do. :) And let us know what you learn please!

Thank you, SoralSokal (sp?) for mentioning this. I greatly appreciate it! :) :)

Wordsgood

soralsokal

It is possible usings special tags.

see in https://eatags.com/

I don't have time to look at it extensively for the moment, but if it does what I think it does, this feature will be a HUGE help for me and many others who have been wanting the ability to have a CLICKABLE Table of Contents in long Notes with large amounts of text. I wonder why it hasn't been mentioned in the 6 or 7 months I've be active on the forums? I can especially see it be most beneficial for students with their study notes!

I have to wonder whether this actually makes the TOC items clickable, at least to jump to other locations in a note. That would need to be supported by the UI, and as far as I know, that doesn't work: I tried constructing one by hand in the ENML Editor, but it's also very possible that I didn't code it correctly, either. It'd be good to know whether it was, for sure.

The other thing is that I don't follow the 3rd-party Evernote tools market all that closely, which is why I don't know about this product. I'm sure that there are some nice ones out there, but mostly don't integrate well, and they just seem to get more in my way than I'd like -- I prefer to use the tools that are a part of Evernote for day-to-day usage.

I'll be testing it out as soon as I can and will report my findings in a new thread. However, that could mean as little as a day or two or as much as a few months. I can't make definitely plans for anything as my body frequently refuses to cooperate (MS), so if someone else wants to take on, please do. :) And let us know what you learn please!

Probably better to continue in this thread, since it's all related, and probably best to keep things together. Or consider posting in the 3rd-party forum, just down the hall, which is available for that. Good luck.

• Like 1

Wordsgood,

EATags It’s a free suscription service that provides extra features for Evernote® users.

You must asign the special tag 'eat.toc' to the note when you want the Table of Contents, and add #, ##, ### etc. before each title, subtitle, etc. in the note.

After the sync, the service insert the table at the top of the note.

Because it is a web service, works on any device.

EATags participated in the Devup 2012, see http://evernotedevcup.challengepost.com/submissions/8645-eat-ags

• Like 2

jefito,

The TOC items is clickable, and jump to other locations in a note.

Try it, it is very easy...

Wordsgood,

EATags It’s a free suscription service that provides extra features for Evernote® users.

You must asign the special tag 'eat.toc' to the note when you want the Table of Contents, and add #, ##, ### etc. before each title, subtitle, etc. in the note.

After the sync, the service insert the table at the top of the note.

Because it is a web service, works on any device.

EATags participated in the Devup 2012, see http://evernotedevcup.challengepost.com/submissions/8645-eat-ags

That's great news. Thanks Rebianchi! :)

jefito,

The TOC items is clickable, and jump to other locations in a note.

Try it, it is very easy...

Interesting. I probably just bollixed the HTML code. Might have to try it myself.

Thanks!!

Wordsgood & jefito:

Try it & let me know if you have problems.

Some notes:

- The insertion of the TOC may not be immediately after the first sync.

- After the insertion of the TOC, the 'eat.toc' is removed, and an 'eaten: [toc]' is added to indicate that the note was processed.

- If after the insertion of the TOC you change the note, adding and/or removing titles, then it is necessary to add again the 'eat.toc' tag (and remove the eaten: [toc])

Also see the web site for other features, like inserting math formulas with LaTex.

I have no relationship with the EATags developers, and I'm new to eatags, so any problems would probably best to contact them directly.

• Like 2

Does this html link jump to a separate note, or is it an active heading in the current note?

Does this html link jump to a separate note, or is it an active heading in the current note?

Hi. Please don't take offense to this, but I'm about as tech clueless as one can get and I had two thoughts after reading your note:

1) Yes, to me at least, it's pretty clear that the link allow you to navigate from the TOC to headings within the same note.

2) If you just click on the link provided a few posts back in this thread, it will take you directly to the EATags service site, where everything is explained with text, graphics and How To videos, far better than anyone could explain it here. Just go have a look yourself.

Hi. Please don't take offense to this, but I'm about as tech clueless as one can get and I had two thoughts after reading your note:

1) Yes, to me at least, it's pretty clear that the link allow you to navigate from the TOC to headings within the same note.

2) If you just click on the link provided a few posts back in this thread, it will take you directly to the EATags service site, where everything is explained with text, graphics and How To videos, far better than anyone could explain it here. Just go have a look yourself.

It is not clear to me from the EATags site that one can link to other notes, which is what I'm after.

It is not clear to me from the EATags site that one can link to other notes, which is what I'm after.

I believe from what I read, this service is able to build a table of contents for a notebook, but I haven't tried the service yet.

TdeV

There are two options:

Option 1:

If you add the 'eat.toc.notebook' tag to an NEW note in a notebook, then after sync you get a TOC (with link clickables) to ALL notes in that notebook.

It is similar to Cmd-A to select all notes, right-clik for copy links and paste in an empty note.

Option 2:

If you add the 'eat.toc' tag to an EXISTING note in a notebook, then after sync you get a TOC (with link clickables) to all titles that have #,##, etc. in the SAME note (Each # is an indentation)

If in a note you have:

#Title 1

bla, bla, bla

##Title 2

bla, bla, bla

###text3

then after sync you will get:

Title 1  <-- clickable links

Title 2

Text3

----------------------------

#Title 1

bla, bla, bla

##Title 2

bla, bla, bla

###text3

• Like 4

Hello everyone,

+1000000000000 for this feature

Please!! Add this feature soon! Our notes are bigger even more and it is super complicated go directly to a subsection in it.

Why aren't they a "menu format" to add H1, H2, H3 titles, and then get a table of content automatically from there.

To get a TOC for all notes within a notebook you don't need a 3rd party app, EN has that feature itself.

EN does not have a TOC feature for titles within a note, which is where EAtags comes in handy.

To get a TOC for all notes within a notebook you don't need a 3rd party app, EN has that feature itself.

EN does not have a TOC feature for titles within a note, which is where EAtags comes in handy.

Thank you for your answer,

I think it is not really friendly, also, because you can't define styles like Titles  (h1, h2, h3...) to style your notes. Is really rare that EN doesn't have this feature, for me is essential. 

@rbianchi: do you know if there is a limit to the number of times a note can be processed by EATags? I ask this because I am still experimenting & noticed that after amending a note a couple of times & successfully readmitting for processing, EATags stopped processing that note.

This has been discussed before a couple of times. No real indication whether Evernote are interested or not.

• Like 1

I think the rationale behind Evernote is to provide a very good general tool that can be applied across multiple use cases. With a little imagination you can nearly always create a workaround.

In this case, you could use a nonsense text string as the anchor and then search the note.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Evernote is brilliant - could not navigate life without it!!

A feature that I feel is dearly needed and would be tremendous to have is the ability to create an anchor point in notes.

eg if I am working on a lengthy note and constantly referring to other notes at the same time I want the ability to specify a point where I am working in that note so I can go straight back to it.

Also, when you open a note it goes straight to the start of the note. You always have to scroll down to the bottom of the note to add to it.

Many thanks for any comments. 

In Windows, if you open your main note in it's own window (double click it), you can reference your other notes in the main EN window and when you return to the prime note you will be on the same "page", or if the window is visible, you can click on the spot.  FWIW as a workaround.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Evernote is brilliant - could not navigate life without it!!

A feature that I feel is dearly needed and would be tremendous to have is the ability to create an anchor point in notes.

eg if I am working on a lengthy note and constantly referring to other notes at the same time I want the ability to specify a point where I am working in that note so I can go straight back to it.

Also, when you open a note it goes straight to the start of the note. You always have to scroll down to the bottom of the note to add to it.

Many thanks for any comments. 

I also agree this would be very useful.  Until then I try to keep individual notes on the short side to avoid excessive scrolling and then use an outline note with links to the others to collect the information if needed.

I also agree this would be very useful.  Until then I try to keep individual notes on the short side to avoid excessive scrolling and then use an outline note with links to the others to collect the information if needed.

Remember: you are taking a certain risk if you use links in local, unsynchronised notes !

The thing with workarounds is that they work more or less, but it is long-winded and after a while it becomes a PITA. But, for the patient & not-fussy, it works & is good enough.

I use this work around, less for the anchoring more for the ease of getting back to the main note.  Since I'm a two monitor user, the primary note is just sitting there and I can flit through the other notes without the "where exactly did I put that......" issues.   :)

I experimented with this for a while. EAtags puts a nice TOC of tagged note links at the top of a note --much like a Header.

However, from what I can see, it does NOT update the TOC in the existing note dynamically when I add a new note with the specified tag.

This operation could be done entirely within EN without EAtags. Just create a TOC note and then merge it with the target note in which you want the TOC to appear in.  Or.... just copy/paste the TOC into the target note,   However, this still does not solve the problem of dynamic updating.

The only solution to a dynamically generated TOC that I can see is to create a new TOC note each time you need it. The problem here is that you inevitably wind up with dozens of largely redundant TOC notes on, say, Broccoli or Asparagus that may or may not contain all of the current listings for that tag. This creates issues with version management. This also does not play well for accessing an up-to-date TOC as external or local links such as a hyperlink a mind map or other external application.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to generate a dynamically updated TOC in EN???

• Like 1

I found this thread because I was searching for the possibility of using anchors to link to sections within a note... just wanted to cast my vote for the feature in case the development team is considering.  Considering everything else EN does, it seems like a simple thing to implement.  Until then, I guess I'll try scattering unique search terms across my longer notes.

• Like 1

I cold handedly agree with Bryanne, Evernote PLEASE work on this feature! I tried to use the new Table of Contents feature but it has problems when I share the link with non-Evernote users. It would be great to hyperlink to those points way down the document, hope it's on your list. Would also love to see Evernote create a UserVoice account so we can vote on what we think is most important to give you a point of reference on what to add next.  :D

• Like 1

+1 for anchors within (and achross) notes - so you could then create an index note, but also a table of contents on a long note you have linked to. having multiple depths of note links is a pain.

Also, read somewhere else the idea for links to tags. +1 for that too :-)

• Like 1

Hi all,

I know how to create a table of contents that links to other notes, but I want to create a table of contents just within a document (i.e., a ToC that jumps to the headings within the existing note, not to other notes).

Is this possible?

Many thanks.

• Like 2

Hi all,

I know how to create a table of contents that links to other notes, but I want to create a table of contents just within a document (i.e., a ToC that jumps to the headings within the existing note, not to other notes).

Is this possible?

Many thanks.

Actually this *is* possible with the help of external tools like AppleScript.

See Create jump links in your notes with ELIN! 

For a more full featured version of this technique, see

EVND (Ever Notedown) - Markdown, TOC, Bookmarks, Anchors, & More 

Thank you both very much for your conscientiousness and responses.  I really appreciate it!

The Ronin

p.s.  For you kind Evernote programmers out there, formally integrating bookmarking/embedded header links into a Note would be very useful, please consider doing so.  Thanks.

• Like 6

Hello!

I've seen a few posts about these, but I'm curious as to if any of the Evernote team has address or made comment to whether or not we can look forward to these. Below are a few things I am wondering about:

Anchor Points: Inner note linking, jump points-- whatever. It's super crucial to organizing within documents.

Shared Font Color Assignments: When you have a shared file/document/stack it would be amazing to be able to assign a color for each user (not have to select the font color every time you want to type)

Stack/Organization Colors: Neither here nor there, really, but might be nice to be able to color organize notes within notebooks per relevance.

xoTaren

• Like 1

Hi.  Much requested,  various workarounds suggested,  but not commented on and not delivered yet.  Not known if it is in a pipeline somewhere...  sorry. 

I've found myself needing this feature multiple times over the years.  Please add it.

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks for advice on eatags ! despite the lag between the content and the update of the TOC it does the job for now

But, I hope that this feature will be included in the next version of EN !

AG

I'd be very interested to have this TOC feature added as well. I maintain a "runbook" for a group and am looking for an easy way to have an external, but securable, way to have it available off the company network. 

What I use right now is Confluence, where like it was mentioned in previous posts in this thread, it procedurally generates a table of contents from the H1, H2, H3 tags in the page.

Hi

After few days with eatags, I give up

Not convenient at all 

TOC appears with a big lag and every time I add a new item, the links are going away.

Very disapointing  :(

Uninstalled and still waiting for this functionality in Evernote

Cheers from Bordeaux (France)

Having anchors within notes is something I would find really useful. I often end up with long notes that need parts to be addressable. Adding artificial strings to search for is a bit crude - an HTML anchor, or equivalent is really what I need for this use case.

Splitting up a long note into multiple notes would in many cases add other inconveniences that would more than cancel out the added convenience of note-level links.

Please add this feature!

5 hours ago, Alan Rew said:

Splitting up a long note into multiple notes would in many cases add other inconveniences that would more than cancel out the added convenience of note-level links.

It also resolves a few issues

• Lengthy notes are problematic; chance of corruption; searches are less effective.  For example, in the case of a journal, I find it better to keep separate days instead on an entire month or year
  • I can simulate collapsing and expanding sections by using links to sub-documents

15 minutes ago, DTLow said:

It also resolves a few issues

• Lengthy notes are problematic; chance of corruption; searches are less effective.  For example, in the case of a journal, I find it better to keep separate days instead on an entire month or year

Good point but a big downside I see is that once older notes are updated, sorting/sequencing/organization can be problematic and unpredictable.

Cmon evernote employee, I know you have read this post, I see you :mellow: This would be a really nice feature

+1

For everyone here who wants this feature, it's available already through a standalone java program here:

I love Evernote and use it extensively everyday.

One key feature I would like to use in Evernote is the ability create or link words or tags within a note

You highlight a word or phrase or create a tag to link to another topic within the same note.

A simple example is a TOC or table of contents within a note linking details in the note with related details in the same note.

I know I can create another note but then I end up with to many notes.

Jumping around between notes is counterproductive when you are creating research notes with many links.

Every time I create a note, I  end up searching online to see if this is possible.

Please seriously consider this since you already have the know how to do this

with your copy a note link feature.

Thanks,

RG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rtglennr@earthlink.net said:

I love Evernote and use it extensively everyday.

One key feature I would like to use in Evernote is the ability create or link words or tags within a note

You highlight a word or phrase or create a tag to link to another topic within the same note.

A simple example is a TOC or table of contents within a note linking details in the note with related details in the same note.

I know I can create another note but then I end up with to many notes.

Jumping around between notes is counterproductive when you are creating research notes with many links.

Every time I create a note, I  end up searching online to see if this is possible.

Please seriously consider this since you already have the know how to do this

with your copy a note link feature.

Thanks,

RG

There is a workaround for what you are asking for here:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/83621-create-jump-links-in-your-notes-with-elin

Run the program. give the "Jump name" a (hidden) name that doesn't conflict with any other words/word combinations in the note. Give the "Link text" the name you want displayed as your link, and give "Destination text" the name of the header you want to jump to in the text.

After you have generated the text, you copy the first line and paste it into the note where you want the link. And the second line where you want the link to jump.

The reason why this works is because the second line which looks like plain text, actually has a hidden code in it which contains the hidden "Jump name". The link is therefore searching for the hidden "jump name" and not for the plain text.

It's a bit cumbersome to do, but at least it's a choice for when you really need it. You can also create a note "template" and just copy that for later uses.

I doubt this will ever be implemented as a feature in the client, mainly because of how EN relies on everything to work across platforms.

• Like 1