Snapshots from PDF's on Android?

Hello, started using Evernote yesterday. I'm very interested in purchasing Evernote Premium. I'm a person who tries to read as much as possible and take as many notes as possible. Taking notes on my desktop PC is awesome. Easy to handle.

But i want to read PDF files on my smartphone and i want to make snapshots from certain passages that i find in my PDF books, but there doesn't seem to be another option for me other than making a separate screenshot with my phone, then i have to go to my gallery and send it to Evernote. I would love to make a snapshot from a certain part in a book and figured there is no way. So i thought i could try to load my PDF into my Android Browser, but that didn't work either.

Is there any way for me to take snapshots from PDF files easily? Buying Evernote is definitely an option for me then.

Hello @visdom,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums!

I am a reader myself and usually always with either my Kindle or Nexus 6P when I am on the go (all the time). When on your phone you can view the PDF and take a screenshot and share it by using the "Add to Evernote" option in the Share section after capturing the screenshot. It will directly send it into your Evernote as a new note.

Depending on your device, sometimes you will see that recent screenshot in the notification bar at the top of your phone and might have an option to share directly from there as opposed to having to go through the Gallery to save it into your Evernote.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions about this and I would be happy to assist.

Archived