Search and ignoring folders

Wooduk

Idea

Hi

I have been a user of Evernote pretty much since version 1 and use off and on.  I have three major annoyances that stop me from using it as my main notes program.

1. I used to clip web pages into my Evernote, but now use Pocket.  The reason I stopped was that when I searched for a note, I could never find what i was looking for as it returned the 100's of clipped notes with some related terms.  What I really want is that you can create a folder say called "Clipped Pages", with subfolders if required.  In settings you can add folders or subfolders to an ignore list for searching so that whole folder will not be searched by default unless in the search box you reference that folder for search (ignore the ignore if that makes sense)

2. Along the lines of the above, I have would like the ability to archive notes.   I have something like 3000 notes in Evernote from over the years, i have come pretty close to just deleting the lot and starting again, but I know that at some point I am going to need something that is in there.  Anything in archive does not show up in search.  Means i can archive off old meeting notes etc which unlikely to ever need again, but maybe required in future from legal point etc.

3. And I realize this is unlikely to happen - but day to day i use NoteFile.  The reason is its a quick menu item icon by the clock that I click on and instantly can make a quick note. I know I can do that in Mac with the Evernote elephant icon in the menu bar but it can only save one note.  What I would like is a mini evernote directly from Menu bar that lists just your favorite notes, or selected notes you use day to day (ToDo, Quick Meeting, etc) and so you don't have to run the main Evernote program which at times is just too overloaded.

Hoping the devs are reading :-) 

Thanks for Evernote, it is a great program and pleased you are going back to basics.

2 replies to this idea

Every few months I go to archive items and realise that this is still not a feature . I have sooooooo many notes and it is sooooo cumbersome. I am now looking for a new app that has an archive feature. If anyone who reads this knows of something that can do this obvious feature please respond and let me know.

ps: If it has been added and I can't find it please also let me know.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, The Purple Girl said:

Every few months I go to archive items and realise that this is still not a feature . I have sooooooo many notes and it is sooooo cumbersome. I am now looking for a new app that has an archive feature. If anyone who reads this knows of something that can do this obvious feature please respond and let me know.

ps: If it has been added and I can't find it please also let me know.

Archiving has been discussed in the forums before.

I use a simple solution: an archive tag (!Archive) and add -tag:!Archive to searches. 
I even have the phrase set up as a keyboard shortcut for easy entry

Archived